I've been a fan of Tudor England for years & would love to throw a Tudor themed

1. profile image48
    SilentMovieFanposted 7 years ago

I've been a fan of Tudor England for years & would love to throw a Tudor themed party.

So I'm already thinking ahead to Christmas as this would be a lovely time of year to splurge and celebrate. Any ideas as far as food, decorations, music & the websites or books where I can get inspired? (Showtime's 'The Tudors' is inspirational enough, but I need something more realistic *g*). I know people throw medieval parties, but I'd like to concentrate more on the Tudor period itself, such as Henry VIII and Elizabeth I. Thanks in advance!

2. Jaynie2000 profile image92
    Jaynie2000posted 6 years ago

I just came across your post today. Assuming you might want ideas for a future party...here are a few...

Consider a masquerade ball, Tudor style, of course. Ask each guest to come dressed in Elizabethan style attire. You can provide masks for each guest. It might even be fun to make the masks with your girlfriends prior to the ball. (Think about the Tudor episode where Henry first sees Anne for inspiration).

You can get great classical music to fit the theme from iTunes. Some of my favorites include:
    *Masquerade by Andrew Lloyd Webber
    *Masquerade I: Waltz by the London Symphony Orchestra
    *Carmina Burana: I. O Fortuna by the London Symphony Orchestra
    *Fur Elise by Trans-Siberian Orchestra
    *Eine Kleine Nachmusik by the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields & Sir Neville Marriner
    * Piano Concerto No. 21 in C Major also by the Academy of St. Martin...
    *Sonata in A Major, K 331: III. Alla Turca (Allegretto) by Daniel Barenboim
    *The Marriage of Figaro by Mozart
    *Turkish March by Mozart
    *Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 in G Major BMV 1048: Allegro by Bach-Collegium Stuttgard
    *Cantata No. 147 'Herz Und Tat Und Leben" BMV 147: Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring by the Academy of St. Martin in the Field
    *Symphony No. 104 in D Major "London": IV. Finale: Spiritoso by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
    *Symphony No. 5 in C Minor, Op.67, I. Allegro con brio by Philharmonic Promenade Orchestra of London & Sir Adrian Boult
    * The Four Seasons (Le Quattro Stagioni) - Concerto for Violin in E Major, RV 269 Op. 8:1, "Spring": I. Allegro by St. Petersburg Radio and TV Symphony Orchestra
    *Pachelbel's Canon in D by Evan von Furstenburg
    *Dead Poets Society (Ode to Joy from Beethoven's Ninth Symphony) by Ambrosian Singers, John McCarthy and Philharmonic Symphony of London
    *Water Music Suite No. @ in D, HWV 349: 12.Alla hornpipe by English Baroque Soloists & John Eliot Gardiner

Decorate with additional white feathery masks, fresh flowers and greenery, white lights. Serve wine from heavy goblets, and consider a menu that includes a variety of finger foods that reflect the period. These might include brazed duck wings, jumbo prawns, mini-mince meat pies, stuffed pita breads, quiche, stuffed mushrooms, meatballs, marinated chicken and beef skewers, water chestnuts wrapped in bacon, steak tartare, smoked lamb kebabs, fois gras, stuffed puff pastries, etc.

This party winds up being about the feast, the dancing and the ambience.

working