jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What was your most memorable Christmas?

1. simonsez profile image69
    simonsezposted 6 years ago

What was your most memorable Christmas?

If you had to describe one year that Christmas made an indelible mark (good or bad), what made it so?

2. GmaGoldie profile image80
    GmaGoldieposted 6 years ago

It is yet to come. This is my first Christmas together with my husband in our vintage home we just purchased! The decorations are in progress as we speak. I am thrilled beyond measure.

3. Steve Orion profile image78
    Steve Orionposted 6 years ago

When I got my favorite MP3 from my dad at our new house.

4. Borsia profile image46
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

2007. I was in China and they don't do Christmas it was wonderfully peaceful.
    My Xmases as a child were all pretty wonderful, of course the ones when we were still young enough to believe in Santa are memorable.

The one Xmas present that I remember most was when I was 5. My brother, 7, made an airplane cockpit for me. It was really just made from a sturdy cardboard box that strawberry plantings came in but he worked out all of the controls and gages and put a tremendous amount of thought and work into it.

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

The year the entire family was stuck at grandma's house during a major snow storm. Most of us slept on the floor between the Christmas tree with tons of presents beneath it and the fireplace. I normally stayed near the fireplace close to the warmth. The next door neighbors house had a tree land in their living room and fill their house with snow. It was a wonderful Chistmas and the first time I saw snow and ice everywhere.

6. fit2day profile image79
    fit2dayposted 6 years ago

When I was in third grade I made a Christmas list, which was something I never did too much of as a kid. I remember that Christmas morning like it was yesterday and I remember getting most of what was on my list. The thing that made that Christmas so special was the fact that my family didn't have much growing up, so getting things I asked for was a big deal.

7. capricornrising profile image60
    capricornrisingposted 6 years ago

During Christmas of 2008, my then-boyfriend withheld the largest Christmas present bag for me to open last. It contained a smaller bag, which contained an even smaller bag, which contained a box, which contained a perfect solitaire diamond - the best Christmas present I've ever received. He is now my husband of a little over a year.

8. simonsez profile image69
    simonsezposted 6 years ago

I have had many memorable Christmases, both growing up in South Dakota making the traditional Swedish dish, Kroppkakor (or palt, made with the raw potato) and in Minnesota as a newly married bride.  Many memories were also made in Ohio with two children. Now in Missouri, I'm making more as we head towards retirement years.

working