Need some Birthday dinner ideas. Does anybody know any delicious yet affordable

1. nicolehubbard10 profile image60
    nicolehubbard10posted 4 years ago

Need some Birthday dinner ideas. Does anybody know any delicious yet affordable recipes?

Hey fellow Hubsters,
    Next Thursday is my birthday and I will be turning 21 years old. What types of delicious and affordable recipes do you have for a birthday? I am kind of tired of eating cake and ice cream.  I would like something that is new. Can anybody give me some ideas????

2. krillco profile image92
    krillcoposted 4 years ago

In a large non-stick fry pan, saute a few cloves of fresh crushed garlic in 3T olive oil, add 2 diced fresh tomatoes, fresh mushrooms, a fresh sliced summer squash, fresh oregano and basil , as well as a T of fennel seed and 2T of real butter. (Note the emphasis on 'fresh'!!) Add any other veggie you have around, as long as it is fresh: green beans, asparagus, broccoli...  Saute/simmer till veggies are tender, then add some cooked shrimp or browned sweet italian sausage, or grilled chicken, or even meatballs...serve over you favorite pasta...I like mezze penne or tortelini....a simple desert is a 'dump cake'....just chuck a couple of cans of fruit in a baking dish, and then sprinkle yellow cake over the lot and bake at 350 till bubbly and browned...I like cherry pie filling, or apple, or pineapple...and peach is just great if you sprinkle the whole lot with cinnamon. Hope you get someone special to make it all for you!

working