Do you know why we celebrate the 4th of July?

1. jackclee lm profile image82
    jackclee lmposted 21 months ago

Do you know why we celebrate the 4th of July?

I saw a video where some American youths don't know what this holiday is all about. How can this be? What are you doing to celebrate?

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." - Ronald Reagan 40th President of US.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you … -Be9f7Ovgg

2. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image60
    Dont Taze Me Broposted 21 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13085308_f260.jpg

Not surprising some American youths don't know what this holiday is all about is it?  According to a Marist poll only about three-quarters of residents — 74% — know the U.S. declared its independence from Great Britain in 1776. 

The bad news for the academic system — 26% do not.  This 26% includes one-fifth who are unsure and 6% who thought the U.S. separated from another nation. 

That begs the question, “From where do the latter think the U.S. achieved its independence?”  Among the countries mentioned are France, China, Japan, Mexico, and Spain.

Although the poll says "residents", one could assume it includes illegal aliens, and/or resident foreigners who might have a reason to not know about the 4th of July but when you read the methodology of the poll that is not likely.

You have the American education system to thank for this. Since it has been taken over by the left students are taught all kinds of absurd things about our history and/or not taught anything. The 4th of July is a no brainer even for someone who has never gone to school since it is celebrated every year, you'd have to be brain dead to not know what it is about. Of course their parents bear some responsibility but then the parents of today's youth are the product of the same liberal education system in the public schools, anyway.

So one quarter of Americans are clueless as to the reason we celebrate the 4th of July, want to guess whether that number is on the way up, or down? Here is a hint, the best the Democrats have to offer for a presidential candidate is a woman who:

asserted that “all my grandparents… came over here.” It was a story Politifact said was false, as only one of her grandparents was an immigrant.

claimed to be named after Sir Edmund Hillary, one of the first men to climb Mt. Everest. One small problem though, the explorer didn’t climb Everest until Clinton was 6 years old. Seems Clinton can’t even bring herself to tell the truth about her own name.

said she came under sniper fire in Bosnia during the ’90s. She went so far as to claim they had a cork screw landing and her group ran “with our heads down to get into the vehicles to get to our base.” Video of her actual arrival shows a very calm scene instead, and she said she simply misspoke! On 4 separate occasions?

failed to tell the truth about a terrorist attack that killed four Americans in Benghazi. She claimed for weeks, standing over the flag-draped coffins of murdered Americans, a video was the blame when evidence proves she knew and told others the same day of the attack it was a planned terrorist attack.

1. jackclee lm profile image82
      jackclee lmposted 21 months agoin reply to this

I agree and I suspect the numbers are higher among youths. 26% is bad enough but among the youths, it probably is upward of 50%.  The public education system is broken and the Democrats and the teachers union won't allow any changes to tey and fit it

working