Amazing Espresso Spiced Rum Ginger Snap Cookies
Yummy Cookies Made Best With Starbucks Espresso - Cookies With a Kick!
Here are some great cookies for the Holidays.
They aren't too sweet and for an extra kick, they can be served as an after-dinner treat.
The caffeine & rum will give you that little pick-me-up after a big meal.
Holiday or not, these are some of my favorite cookies!
Gingersnap the Cookie-Dough Tasting Cat Agrees - These are the best thing this side of cat-nip!
Ginger Cookies With Espresso and Rum
Rum Does Rhyme with Yum!
I have never been the biggest fan of ginger cookies until recently. A friend introduced me to these particular cookies and I was hooked. They don't taste like the standard ginger cookie because of the Espresso and the Rum. The little caffeine kick is awesome and you can forget the energy drinks when eating these. Problem is, they are not calorie free but hey, gotta enjoy them! I wanted to pass these on because they have that extra little zip to them. I tried to make them and there was something missing. I added Starbucks Coffee to them instead of regular espresso and VOILA! It makes all the difference. Thanks for stopping by and have one on me.
Starbucks Espresso Makes the Best Ginger Snap Cookie!
I have tried to make these ginger snap cookies with other types of espresso coffee but they taste best with Starbucks espresso. You can buy it through Amazon at an amazing price. No other coffee has the "zing" that Starbucks has so if you want to make them right the first time, use this coffee! I guarantee it will be the reason that you love them for the season!
- (2) Sticks of Unsalted Butter That Has Been Softened
- (1) Cup of White Sugar (For Sugar-Free
- Substitute Xylitol)
- (3/4) Cup Molasses
- (1) Tsp of baking soda
- (3 1/2) cups flour
- (1) Tsp ground ginger
- (1) Tbsp of cinnamon - ground
- (1 -2) Shots of Espresso Coffee - I like Starbucks in mine
- (1) shot of spiced rum (optional)
- Maple Buttercream frosting or sprinkle with Orange Glaze
- 1) Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, molasses and sugar until it is smooth. Add the Espresso and rum to the mixture. Add the baking soda along with 2 tbsp of hot water and mix thoroughly into the dough.
- 2) In a separate bowl, mix the flour, spices and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the dough and and mix it well. Take the dough and shape it into a couple of long logs and wrap it in wax paper. Put in the refrigerator for several hours or you can also freeze it until you need it at a later date. Regardless if it is frozen or not, you can still use it in the next step.
- 3) Preheat the oven to 350F. Slice the logs as thin as you can and bake these until they are golden around the edges. These are thin and should not take more than 10 minutes. Put the cookies on a rack to cool. If you do not eat these immediately, you can store them in a closed container away from your children or husband or the Cookie Monster.
- 4) Add the Maple Butter-cream or vanilla frosting or sprinkle them with an orange glaze for extra zest!
In olden times, women would make and eat Gingerbread "husbands" to give them luck in the love department!