Great Low Priced Gifts That Can Fit Into a Christmas Card
Gifts that look "SMAll" on the outside, can be very "LARGE" on in the inside.
When was the last time you had a relative come in from out of town for Christmas. That is my sister. She is in a different state then the rest of the family. That's Physically not mentally.
Often times she has a limited amount of space to work with on these travels. So she tends to have a list of presents and will wait to get off the airplane, take a nap on the way to the parents house, get her stuff in the house and then go shopping. This is fine on the way in. But not so much on the way back home.
Like I said space is tight and when the airlines charge by what feels like the ounce it is not so easy to go home again. And for the family its not so much fun not to giver her a gift. That's where the idea for this site came in. We have found a way to think small and yet make a big impact on her and sometimes a big impact on those around her.
So please read on and see how thinking small can make someone smile this Christmas.
The First thing you will need for this is a Christmas Card - So check out these five different options that I have for you
- Make the cards. You would be amazed at how happy grandparents are to get a home made card from the grand kids. Trust me on this one as my youngest recently made a card for grandma and then designed the envelope as well.
- Hit the after Christmas sales. That's right you can get a box of cards for 50% - 75% or more off a whole box of cards. They will be great for next year and most likely not match the cards that will be on sale the following year.
And remember its not just the cards that will be on sale in the after Christmas clearance section.
- Check out your local dollar store. Most of the places that I have been to usually have two cards for a dollar. Plus tax of course but that price still beats paying full price. And they sometimes get in the small boxes of cards that are also reduced in price.
- And remember that the big chains still want your business. So they sometimes have sales so keep an eye on those flyers and other advertisements. Also don't forget to look around as they sometimes have clearance areas. In fact one store actually had one whole section of Christmas cards that were marked in three different sections. $.44, $.88 and $1.00 per card.
- Lastly there are also places that take donations and sell them as a fund raiser. Goodwill and Volunteers of America are a couple that come to mind. They too have Christmas sections around the holidays. I haven't found a Christmas tie there but I have found some Christmas cards and a Christmas mug for the daughter.
This is one of the most recent cards our youngest maid to send to Grandma - He wanted to say I love you
I have a Christmas card,
Now what do I put in it?
Cash, Checks Pictures all would fit but not the idea that I am going with on this one.
I am looking at Gift Cards. They are small and easy to carry on the plane. The cost to send them through the mail is basically the cost of a postage stamp. You will see several cards listed below but remember there are hundreds of others out there. I know this because trying to research this one I found them. Several that I would like for myself. Hint Hint.
Also you will find that most of the cards listed are either $25 or $50. But remember when you go to the local or national stores they sometimes have different amounts set up or can let you choose how much you would like on the card. I have done this to make an online purchase. I figured out how much it would be with taxes and shipping then purchased the card and made the online purchase.
I have included a picture of one of those cards that allowed me to set the amount.
You saw me mention Gift Cards - Well Amazon also has them
I realize that I have just two prices for the gift cards but I was trying to stay in a set area. If you wish to look into other Amazon cards please go to amazon.com and in the search select the option for - Gift Card Store. This will give more cards to choose from. And if you like my choices feel free to start your shopping now.
I have received one of these and walked away with more than I could have at a local store using the same amount for the purchase.
This is one of the videos that I got with my gift card
To help make it easier
Buy in bulk
My sisters strike again
And again and again. They both like Target. So what do they send me? You guessed it Target gift cards. Now what I am looking for they currently don't have. This will not stop me from looking. Yes I will not give up easily. And what is it you are wondering? There is a Cannon digital camera that I would like to get my hands on. As they say slow and steady wins the race.
Update: It is now 2005 and I gotten a total of five Target Gift cards. That in the good news have not expired. In the better news the camera I was looking for went on sale with a little bit more.
Canon PowerShot ELPH 150 Digital Camera Bundle with Case and Memory Card - Blue
That's right it has an 8 Gig card and a case at no additional cost. And for me the store was right around the corner from where I work. Even though the price was greater at the store they matched their online price. Grand total for my new camera - $.50 to help cover tax. Not bad for having two pushy sisters.
Have you ever thought of doing this?
Have you ever donated in someone else's name as a gift for them?