Halloween Makeup Ideas and Tips
Halloween Makeup Tips
If you need some help with your Halloween makeup, you will find some great Halloween makeup tricks, Ideas and Tutorials here for Creepy Halloween costumes. Find cool Zombie Halloween makeup tips for scars and cuts right here. And how to do makeup inspired by Batman, The Walking Dead, and Avatar.
Halloween Costume Ideas
- The Best Halloween Costumes
Get ideas for Halloween costumes including Zombie costumes, Avatar Costumes, Katy Perry and more!
How To Do The Joker Makeup From The Movie Batman The Dark Knight
To create the look of the Joker from the movie "Batman The Dark Knight" yourself, You will need to follow this makeup tutorial.
What You Will Need:
You will need 4 colors of makeup: white, black, red & brown.Makeup Sponges - Triangle shaped is the best. Rubbing Alcohol - To thin out the paint.
Step 1 - Start by applying a white base over the entire face except for the eyes and eyebrows. Make sure you apply white over the ears too. Spread as smoothly and evenly as possible. Use makeup sponges to apply.
Step 2 -Next, apply the black makeup over the eyelids. The black should go up to the eyebrows. Use a brush and dip it in the brown makeup to make the "crows foot" wrinkles at the outside corners of the eyes. You can dip the brush into alcohol if you want the paint to be thinned.
Step 3 - Apply the red makeup for the Joker's extra large smile. In the movie, the Joker has rough scar tissue that he is covering up with makeup. Another way to re-create the lumpy texture of the scars is to apply spirit gum (a non-toxic adhesive) or you can use a glue stick.
Step 4 - For the wrinkles on the face use the brown color again and trace them. This makes the face look more rough and gives a ragged appearance to the features. It takes away from the smoothness of the white face paint. Dip your paintbrush in the makeup and paint thin, tapering lines.
Tip: Alcohol can be used to thin the makeup a little. If you want to you can use an eyebrow pencil of the brown shade, dipped in alcohol, and it can be used to trace the wrinkles. In order to see the pattern of wrinkles on the face clearly, make expressions such as furrowing the brows, frowning and grimacing.
The brown is so you can accent the wrinkles on the face.You may use an eyebrow pencil in black and in brown instead of the paint. It's all just preference.
Scars, Cuts, & Bruises Makeup For Halloween
Cuts, Scars and Bruises MakeupApplication
How to do Fresh Cuts, Scars, and Bruises
1. First, figure out where the molding wax is going to be put some spirit gum on and allow it to dry.
2. Layer the modeling wax thinly and put it over the areas that you want to appear swollen and cut. Make sure the edges blend well into skin, now smooth the area with your fingers coated with cleansing cream. You can make a textured look by using a sponge.
3. Apply a purple color to your skin to create a bruise over the cut.
4. To get the area to look like there is blood in the cut. Carefully, make a hole in the wax and put some stage blood inside the hole.
A. Now use some scarring liquid to the skin in little lines where you want your scars to appear. This liquid should be applied to clean skin (no base or moisturizer). the liquid will shrink when it drys and pull the skin into a puckered scar shape.
B. If you want the scar to look deeper then apply another layer of scarring liquid.
C. Now use a with a light pink cheek color (cream) to go over the scar.
Lines should be thin and allowed to dry before a second coat is applied. Keep all of the makeup away from eye area.
Zombie Makeup Tutorial
Cool Zombie Costumes and Makeup for All Occasions
The day of the Zombie takeover is inevitable, so why not become a Zombie now? Show up at your next event in full Zombie costume with our cool, easy to use makeup and accessories. Be the "death" of the party with our great tips for making gruesome scars, ugly bruises and blood-dripping cuts.
Whether you are heading for a Zombie Walk, a costume party or just like walking around looking like a zombie, let us help. We can get you ready with great costume ideas and makeup application tips. You can be a Zombie nurse, prom queen or biker. The possibilities are only limited by your imagination!
Awesome Rise Of Nightmares Inspired Makeup Tutorial
This video is very graphic and unsuitable for children especially in the first minute of the video. You will see the makeup tutorial if you just forward a little bit. Tutorial starts at 1:12 Also, the video is disabled on this module but you can click on You Tube to watch this video. Again, this is very very graphic!!!
Halloween Makeup Tips and Precautions
1. Make sure you read makeup labels and test for allergic reactions before you use. Do a simple patch test behind the ear or on the forearm a few days before Halloween.
2. Don't use acrylic paints on the skin. They are not FDA-approved. Eye shadow, for example, can be used for detail work all over the face to make your design stand out.
3. Use makeup sponges for applying all base and colors. Use foam sponges with a large surface area for putting on body makeup.
4. Don't share makeup and applicators. Use disposable applicators or ones that can be cleaned between uses.
5. Use only water-based makeup, if possible. It results in faster cleanup and minimal costume stains.
6. Make the time for applying face paint, it takes time to make a really cool design. Don't wait until the last minute.
7. Do a practice makeup ahead of time, you don't want to have to keep redoing your makeup.
8. Find a picture of what you want to create for your costume before you do your makeup, it will make life a lot easier!
9. Keep it simple. In other words, less is more. Especially on kids, you don't want to overpower their small faces.
10. Most important: Use your imagination and have fun!