- Holidays and Celebrations
How To Organize A Family Reunion
Family Reunions are so much fun! It gives everyone a chance to get together and spend time with each other. You get to laugh out loud as you share memories of childhood and create new memories. But Family Reunions can also be stressful for the person planning it.
I am one of 3 siblings and we have a family reunion every 2 or 3 years and we each take a turn hosting it. This year was my turn and it actually wasn't too stressful because I was pretty organized. I wanted to share some of the ideas that we have used over the years to make our reunions a hit!
Family Reunion Tips and Family Reunion Sayings
- Family reunion organizing should start well in advance. If you have a huge family you will want to plan at least 1 year in advance. Lets face it we want to see everyone and want a great turn out. Give people plenty of time to put this on their calender.
- Keep in mind when you plan it that you want to make sure it isn't at a time that kids may be in school. The school season is different for different states.
- Keep the menu simple. We usually just do grilling food like hamburger and hot dogs. It isn't about the food it is about family togetherness.
- Ask for help. Don't be afraid to assign jobs to your siblings and other family member. This helps.
- Buy family reunion supplies when you see them on sale. This way it is just one less thing to buy later and you will save money.
Family Reunion Planning Guide
One of the best family reunion planning guides is The Family Reunion Planning Kit for Dummies book. This is really more of a handbook. It will give you all the information you need to know in order to plan and budget for your family reunion.
It also includes lots of fun theme ideas as well as games your family can play.
If you are planning a family reunion this is the handbook you need.
Family Reunion Planning Kit for Dummies
Family Reunion Keepsakes
We have a memories book that is at each reunion. Throughout the day each guest write a comment or memory of the day. At the end of the reunion, the book is handed to the sibling who will be hosting the next family reunion.
There are many family reunion keepsake ideas that people do. Many people have t shirts for family reunions that they wear for each reunion. If you want to save money you could go online and get family reunion t shirts designs that can be put on a basic tee shirt.