Love is ... the Perfect Gift
A book of love - the perfect gift
I love really personal gifts. Don't you too? This idea is perfect for your partner, or any loved one. Forget gas station flowers, the usual chocolates or the tacky joke underwear. Show your style - and the way you feel - by giving the beautiful book that is featured below.
Taking his images from nature, photographer Andy Royston shows that love is all around us.
Write your own messages in this book to truly personalize it. Use the book as your 'love passport'. Every time you enjoy a romantic occasion together, choose a page and write the date and what you did that was particularly romantic and a milestone on your relationship. You'll have something to look back on forever - a diary of your most precious moments together.
Scroll down to learn how to plan the perfect romantic evening.
Sneak peek - Here are a few pages from the book - enjoy!Click thumbnail to view full-size
A romantic picnic
Sure, going out to a restaurant for dinner to celebrate your love is great - but it's so public. Even the most intimate restaurant won't give you the privacy you'd like. The answer is to take your loved one for a romantic picnic.
- A suitable basket to carry everything you need. Choose a container that is large enough to hold everything you will need. If it's insulated, that's so much the better as it will keep your champagne or wine at the right temperature.
- For food, go along to your local deli or gourmet food store. Tell them that you're planning a romantic meal al fresco and ask them what they suggest. When you've decided on your list, arrange to collect it on the afternoon of your romantic evening.
- Choose simple finger-food to avoid fuss. Strawberries, cheese, fruits, crackers, chocolate ... your local gourmet store will advise you. This way, you won't have to bother with too much clutter in your basket.
- Don't forget music! Be sure that you have suitably romantic tunes. Remember, you may want to dance under the moonlight ... won't that be lovely?
- A holder so that your wine glasses and your bottle of wine will be safe from spills.
- A simple bud vase holding a single rose.
- A blanket and tablecloth to put on the ground - plus a cozy, snuggly blanket just in case the evening gets chilly...
- The Love Is book to give as your loved one. Decide with him or her which page you are going to use as your 'love passport' for this special evening.
Some products to help you plan your romantic event
For a birthday, an anniversary, for Valentine's Day, for popping a certain question or 'just because'; a meal al fresco makes the perfect romantic evening.
Below, see a selection of products that provide just what you need for that perfect evening.
Organization with baskets
Stylish baskets and containers will be used over and over again. They are lovely to give to others or a great item to purchase for yourself and the family.
What could be better than a custom picnic basket? Enjoy your romantic meal in style.
Lovely to give or receive
These baskets are always popular .. The variety available on the internet is huge and there are many choices that are suitable for any occasion. (Or why not treat yourself?) They are suitable for all ages too.
For eating al fresco
There are several small touches that will help your romantic meal be a huge success. I suggest a wine bottle and glasses holder - no-one wants to spill wine after all!
The battery operated candles are perfect for outdoors. They'll give a lovely romantic glow and you won't have to worry about the breeze blowing them out.
Make the most of your special day or evening.If you'd like to prepare meals for two in your own kitchen, the books below will give you plenty of ideas and inspiration.
© 2013 Jackie Jackson