- Holidays and Celebrations
Romance with a Message in a Bottle
Send a Message in a Bottle as a Unique Gift or a Unique Invitation
Sending a message in a bottle is a very unique way to express your love and affection to the target of your desire, but that is not the only use of this unique gift.
Using your imagination, there are countless ideas that can be inspired for the use of a message in a bottle. They are suitable for any occasion and they can be customized by you to fit any occasion. Anyone on the receiving end of a message-n-a-bottle will be sure to smile at the thoughtfulness of this unique gift.
There are numerous ways to use a message in a bottle. A message in a bottle would be ideal for a romantic marriage proposal, or perhaps as a unique way to break the ice with a dinner invitation. Anyone on the receiving end of a message in a bottle, is always delighted with the fantasy the gift can inspire. For many more ideas and suggestions for the uses of a message in a bottle, please read on to be inspired to think of your own unique ideas.
Stumped for a Romantic Gift?
One of the most unique romantic gifts you can give your loved one is a love message in a bottle. Sending a message-n-a-bottle could be used in many different ways and for many different reasons.
Put a message in a bottle and send an invitation to your loved one for a romantic dinner in your home. You do the cooking.
Send a poem or a message in a bottle to express your heart-felt feelings for the one you love.
Planning to propose to your loved one? This would be a totally unique way of doing it.
There are many different and romantic ways of using a message in a bottle.
I will give you a few ideas to get your creative juices flowing, then I'll bet you will be able to come up with many more even better ideas of your own!
A Unique and Romantic Gift Any Time of the Year - Send a Timeless Message in a Bottle to Show Your Love
A Message in a Bottle is a Unique Way to Express It
Endless Love or a Dinner Invitation
DIY - Write Your Endless Love Message
- Purchase a decorative bottle with a cork. Make sure the neck opening is large enough to insert a rolled up scroll.
- Add some sand and seashells for a beach shipwreck theme or add rose petals with an artificial rose for a romantic theme. If you can have the bottle delivered the same day put a real rose in the bottle. Some florist will do this for you. I would check locally if unable to do it myself or if I wanted it to be a surprise.
- Purchase parchment paper at a stationary store and write your custom message on your computer using a calligraphy font. Add heart graphics. Print it on your printer.
- Roll it up, tie with a red ribbon and insert it into the bottle and cork it.
- Your personal message could be a dinner invitation. If you don't know what to cook I have added a couple of simple to prepare, but oh so delicious, recipes that is sure to please any lover (unless they are vegetarians).
- If you are married, put the bottle with the invitation in your spouse's lunch or brief case inviting him/her to a romantic dinner for just the two of you (find a sitter for the kids), or have it sent to your spouse's office to make a date for your romantic dinner alone without the kids. Just the anticipation alone can rekindle any dormant ember!
- Don't wait for an Anniversary, Valentine's Day, Sweetest Day, Mother or Father's Day or a birthday. All special occasions are fine, but when you do it out of the blue when it's least expected, that's when the surprise has the greatest effect.
Romantic Dinner Ideas
The First Things to Do to Get Ready for Your Romantic Dinner
Buy lots of candles and be sure you have a good selection of wine for dinner.
Use thick short candles to light the way up the steps into the house and down the corridors in the house to the dining area. If you live in a warm climate, set your romantic table outside and light the way with candles. Hang lanterns outside to add to the romantic effect,
If you are in a cold climate when planning your romantic dinner, be sure to have a crackling fire in the fireplace, if you have a fireplace. If not, use MORE candles! There can never be too many candles!
And remember the romantic music! If you've been together long enough to be a couple, please don't forget their favorite song, especially if you are a man planning a special dinner for a woman.
Candles Light the Way
Light the pathway to the house and through the house to the dining area with candlelight..
If you decide to use your message in a bottle to invite your object of affection to a romantic dinner on the beach, use little buckets filled with sand and stick the candles in the sand.
Lighting the pathway to the dining area on the beach with these little buckets of light are a very romantic way to set the mood. Using citronella candles for outside dining will help to keep the bugs at bay.
Coose Attractive Containers to Light the Path
A Romantic Dinner on the Beach
White Metal Candle Buckets
This is a set of 12 buckets that you can fill with sand yourself and add your own candles. One or two of these set should be sufficient, depending how long the walk is from the house.
Romantic Dinner Menu
Spinach Cranberry Salad with Brie Toast
Start your meal with this wonderful salad and bread baked with Brie. For easy slicing, freeze wrapped Brie for 30 minutes before cutting.
Prep: 30 minutes
Broil: 1 minute
1/3 c. fresh or frozen cranberries
4 Tablespoons sugar
4 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
4 Tablespoons. orange juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/3 c. olive oil
1 teaspoon finely snipped fresh sage
1/8 teaspoon kosher or sea salt (or to taste)
1/8 teaspoon. freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
8 1/4-inch slices baquette, toasted
4 oz. Brie cheese, cut in 8 wedges
2-1/2 c. prewashed baby spinach
2-1/2 c. prewashed mesclun or baby salad greens
1/4 c. dried cranberries
4 Tablespoons shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas) toasted (walnuts substitute well, but pepitas are wonderful)
Creamy Cranberry Dressing:
1. In saucepan combine cranberries, sugar and vinegar. Cook
over medium heat, stirring often, 5 minutes or until
cranberries soften and begin to pop. Remove from heat and
2. Transfer cranberry mixture to blender. Blend on high
until nearly smooth. Add orange juice and mustard; process
3. With blender running, slowly pour in olive oil until
slightly thickened and creamy. Transfer to bowl and whisk in
sage, salt, and pepper.
4. For Brie toast, preheat broiler. Place wedge of cheese on
each toasted bread slice. Broil 5 or 6 inches from heat 1 to
2 minutes, until cheese melts.
5. Toss spinach, dried cranberries, and seeds with 1/3 c. of
Serve with toast. Pass additional dressing. Leftover dressing may be stored in refrigerator for 1 week.
The original recipe came from a BHG magazine but can also be found online at bhg.com . It was originally for 8, but I cut it down.
Pomegranate Pork Medallions Recipe for a Romantic Dinner
This pork tenderloin is a little sweet, a little tart and has an exceptional flavor! This recipe originally came from a Ladies Home Journal Magazine although i don't remember when or where.
Makes: 6 servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Start to Finish: 2 hours
1 1-pound pork tenderloin
1/2 cup pomegranate juice (pure juice, not a pomegranate drink with sugar and other nonsense)
2 Tablespoons finely chopped garlic (about 4 garlic cloves)
1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (1 Tablespoon dried and crushed)
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
Fresh ground pepper to taste
2-1/2 pounds fresh fennel, tops trimmed, halved lengthwise, cored and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1-1/2 pounds red onions, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1. Rinse pork and pat dry. Rub tenderloin with garlic salt and pepper, being sure to cover evenly. Combine juice, garlic, and rosemary in a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork, seasoned with the garlic salt and pepper to the marinade, then seal bag, pressing out any air. Turn until pork is coated well. Marinate, chilled, turning bag occasionally, 1 hour, placing bag in a large bowl to catch any leaks.
Note: I have quit using plastic bags for marinating since plastic isn't environmentally friendly. I just use a dish or bowl large enough to hold the marinade and pork and turn to soak every 15 minutes or so.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degree F and arrange rack in center. Toss together fennel, onion, and oil on a large nonstick baking pan; season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast, stirring occasionally, until just tender and edges are golden, about 30 minutes. Remove pan from oven and push vegetables to one side, leaving just enough room for pork on the other side. Remove pork from marinade and transfer to pan. Spoon some garlic and rosemary from marinade over pork (reserve marinade).
4. Roast, stirring vegetables occasionally, until they are golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of pork by 2 inches registers 155 degree F, about 30 minutes.
5. Transfer vegetables to one side of a serving platter and keep warm, covered. Transfer pork in pan to rack and let stand 15 minutes before carving into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
6. Meanwhile, bring reserved marinade to a boil in a small saucepan. Boil until reduced by half, about 4 minutes, for sauce; add any juices that may have accumulated from the resting roast.
7. Arrange pork slices next to vegetables on platter and spoon sauce over top. Makes 6 servings.
Note: Pork no longer needs to be cooked to a well done "old leather shoe" amount. This roast should not be well done, it should be medium well and still have a bit of pink inside to retain the juiciness and flavor. The 155 degree F is correct and the roast will continue to cook a bit while it is resting.
Grand Marnier Chocolate Mousse
An elegant Dessert to Finish Off a Romantic Meal
4 oz 70% dark chocolate
1/3 cup butter
3 egg yolk
3 egg whites
1/3 cup sugar
1 oz GRAND MARNIER ® Cordon Rouge liqueur
- Melt the chocolate in a saucepan, be careful not to burn..
- Take the pan off the heat, combine the butter with the melted chocolate. Add 2 egg yolk and the GRAND MARNIER liqueur, stirring til combined..
- Whip the egg whites with an electric mixer, adding the sugar when they start to foam.
- When the whites are stiffly beaten, add the last egg yolk while continuing to beat. Incorporate the chocolate mixture by slowly folding it in gently with a spatula.
- Pour into ramekins and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- May be topped with some sweetened, freshly whipped cream.
Play Romantic Music in the Background - "I Love You" by Sarah Mclachlan
Use a Message in a Bottle - For Your Personalized Engagement
This company features a 12-1/2 inch tall glass bottle that comes shipped in a wooden crate to give it a more authentic look. The message is printed on paper with burnt edges on the paper to give a parchment scroll look. They also include some sand and seashells as if it had been hanging out in the ocean for a while; which is just perfect for your treasure map!
Customized an Engagement Surprise
Make a Treasure Map as the Message in the Bottle
A message in a bottle is the perfect gift for any occasion that you want to express your love, but it is also ideal to use as a very romantic and unique way to propose marriage.
Make up simple directions for a treasure hunt and print your directions on the scroll the company provides.
You could make up a treasure map. Have the company send you the bottle with a blank scroll. Then draw your own treasure map on the scroll. Insert your custom made treasure map into the bottle yourself and cork it.
Invite your lady to dinner and leave the bottle where she is sure to find it.
Leave a trail of rose petals or a trail of candles on the floor for her follow leading to the bottle.
Once she opens the bottle and finds the treasure map, she will have to follow the directions on the map. Let her follow the treasure map to the box with your engagement ring.
Remember to have the champagne chilled in a champagne cooler next to the dinner table to toast the happy occasion when she says, "Yes"!
Have You Been Married A Long Time?
Have you been married a long time and need a gift for the better-half who has everything?
I would use the treasure map idea leading to airline tickets and itinerary to a romantic get-away for two to a secluded place you both love.
Don't forget to set the chilled bottle of champagne next to the Message in a Bottle!
Perhaps You've Been Married A Long Time And Need To Add New Sparks To An Aging Relationship
Put a meaningful message in the bottle that speaks of your love.
Remind your mate how much they are loved and appreciated even though you don't always remember to say so.
Remind them of when you first fell in love..... and then hide it where your better-half will be sure to find it.
Someplace like the laundry basket (only if your spouse is a "clothes sorter" and not a "dumper without looking" kinda of laundry person; in in the refrigerator next to the beer, or in the sock drawer.....You get the idea.
The ways to use this centuries old means of communication for a modern day, unique and romantic gift are endless and are only as limited as your imagination.
Send an SOS on a Message in a Bottle - John Mayer
Send an I Love You S.O.S. - Message In a Bottle Ocean Gram
I Love You SOS Message in a Bottle
Send your lover an S.O.S message in a bottle. Personalize the scroll by saying something like, "HELP! I think I'm falling...."
and they will customize your personal romantic message and insert it into a bottle with red silk rose petals.
Send an SOS I Love You to your mate stationed overseas. It is a gift they will cherish and remember the rest of their life.
It is a gift that will bring some light into an otherwise dark war zone situation when your mate is missing you the most.
Included is a soy mood candle they can light while reading your message and thinking of you.
White Pearls and Jasmine Message in a Bottle
Unique Wedding Ideas Using a Message in a Bottle
After becoming engaged with a message in a bottle, what better way to share your joy than to send a Message in a Bottle to deliver the wedding invitations!
This would make such a unique wedding invitation, your friends will talk about your creative idea for years to come.
Another idea to share the joy of your proposal is to share your happiness with the wedding party by giving each woman a message in a bottle as a bridal gift.
Give one to each of the bridesmaids, the mother-of-the-bride and the mother-of the-groom. Remember to Include the Grandmothers too. They would be delighted to be remembered and included in such a unique gift!
Personalize the message to each individual to let them know how special they are. Tell them why they were chosen to be at your side, and to represent you in the wedding.
Sent one of these bottles as a gift accent to the bride and groom. Attach it to the wedding gift using the scroll message as the wedding card.
Gifts like this are never forgotten and will always bring fond memories when they think back to the heart-felt words you shared with them on your special day.
Police at Live Earth - New York Performance - Send an S.O.S. to You - Message n a Bottle
Birthday Cheer in a Bottle
Great idea for birthday invitations for the sweet 16, the finally made 21, the OMG I'm 30, the I'm not really 40 yet, or the I don't remember what birthday this is.
This is the perfect birthday invitation no matter what birthday you may be celebrating!
Remember, a message in a bottle is never boring! It's unique, exciting and let's those that you love know that you care.
Sent an SOS Gift to Celebrate a Birthday
Their youth has been lost at sea!
Send out an SOS with a party alert with this creative Birthday Party or Party Party Message in a Bottle!
I would write my own message expressing my sentiments and they'll custom personalize it for you.
The message is inscribed on a stylish, speckled parchment like scroll and put into a glass bottle of tropical sand and seashells.
Corked securely in the bottle, your message is ready to set sail!
This popular fun gift will be an invitation to a party they will remembered and treasured for years to come!
What Kind of Celebration Invitation Would You Like to Receive?
Send Mom a Message in a Bottle
Unique Mother's Day, Valentine or Birthday Gift for Mom
Sending a message-n-a-bottle is a very unique way to show your love and appreciation to your Mother or Wife for Mother's Day. Involve the kids to make this a creative and heart-felt gift from the whole family.
Gather all of the kids together and have each one write a letter to Mom telling her all the of the wonderful things that make her the best and most loved Mom in the world. Make it fun for the kids as co-conspirators in this creative "secret mission".
For the children that are too young to write, ask them to draw a picture to give to Mom. Help them by supplying the crayons, felt pens, or watercolors, and the paper for their creative artwork. Hold their little hands to help them write their names on their "secret" project.
Make this a fun, secret family activity when you are at home babysitting while Mom is out shopping.
Gather all of the letters and artwork together; roll them all up into one roll and put them in the bottle to give to Mom with her "surprise" Mother's Day Breakfast in Bed. Mom's special Message in a Bottle can be put on her breakfast tray on the morning of Mother's Day. She will love and treasure this homemade gift from her family for years to come!
Don't forget GrandMother! The same thing can be done for GrandMa by sending photos of the family with a lovely letter rolled up and inserted in the bottle. GrandMother will be please as punch to receive such a wonderful and thoughtful family creation on Mothers Day. Remember to allow enough time for mailing.
A Gift for the New Mother
Make a Wonderful Keepsake for the New Mother & Baby
Make your own '"A Mother's Message". Find one you like with a search online and print it out on on cute baby paper. Add cute graphics to really personalize it
Make a hang tag poem that reads: "Greetings little one...welcome to this place. I've waited for this moment, it's so nice to see your face. I'll hold you close and guide you, you are my blessing from above...to teach and stand beside you, and wrap you in my love."
Did you like this page? Want One of Your Own?
How would you like to become a HubPage member and create your own page?
Just click the link below to start writing about your favorite views of the world.
Did I mention that it's free? It's Free!
You can write about anything you love and make some extra money doing it.
Click Here to Sign Up for Your Own Free HubPage Account