- Holidays and Celebrations»
- Themed Parties
planning a 1st birthday party
Planning a 1st birthday party.
Celebrating your childs 1st birthday is a very special occasion indeed, however it is important to remember that your child is not really expecting anything of you, so it is not necessary to go over board in your planning.
Here are some simple tips to help you when planning a 1st birthday party.
Great 1st birthday supplies from Amazon.
5 Tips for planning a 1st birthday party.
1) Keep the party short (one - one and a half hours) and try to arrange it for after your babies nap time. This way your baby will be wide awake for there special day.
2) Organize your babies party to be held in a place that is familiar to them, the best choice is to hold it at home.
3) Keep the guest list small, ie close family and friends, too big a crowd may be too overwhelming for your little one.
4) Be flexible - Children can be unpredictable. Accidents, tears and tantrums can happen - Just relax and go with it.
5) Have a reliable family member or friend who can help you with preperations etc, or watch your child while you deal with a spill. Your babies 1st birthday is a special occasion you dont want to spend the entire party in the kitchen or rushing around dealing with preperations.
Just remember that your babies first birthday is a special occasion so take some time for mum dad and baby to enjoy some alone time on this special day.