Looking back helps you to keep moving FORWARD
I've heard some people say that they don’t look back, little do they know that looking back is the very push that would set you on the right path to go forward. Looking back has done great things for me it makes me a lot more appreciative of where I am today. I know that I've come this far by the faith, mercy and grace of GOD…
From a child I have crossed many bridges that some people twice my age never even dreamed of crossing. Also I passed through many storms but when the storms of life were raging GOD stood by me, for that I ought to be ever grateful.
Sometimes when I look back and then I look to where I have reached today, sometimes I wonder very much how I made it thus far. Thanks to granny and her husband, for all they have done for my sisters and I when my parents did not take up their slack. I have always tried my best not to hold people in mind because I know it won’t do me any good, If I do not forgive others neither will my heavenly Father forgave me.
I spend most of my life with grandma which I believe it did a whole lot for me the person I've turned out to be. I must also thank God for my mother and father if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have been alive for even grandma to take care of me. Life sometimes deals with us in unexpected ways, so always expect the unexpected, circumstance has made me who I am.
When life deals with you harshly don’t worry one day you’d get over the other side and you’d smile, it’s sometimes better that way it makes us much better persons. Sometimes it’s so much better to live on bread and butter than bread and Ham chops/ stake you’re more humble that way...
When life deals you a lemon just suck on it, eventually it will finish or so i guess. Things can't be bad forever! Remember we need the bitter and the sweet to make life complete. God is in control of your life if you let Him so every trial he sends you through he has a reason. Of course you won't always see it that way, just learn to let go and let God's anointing flow, worrying never solved any problems but sure it adds to it.
I have seen at times my life could have been taken from me or things were not so nice but God has always provided a way of escape for me . He sends his guardian angels to protect me from seen and unseen dangers.
Sometimes we are ashamed to share our past with others because it may hurt our pride etc. The good thing is by speaking out you might be a help to so many, who shared the same plight or worse. There is always someone who had worst experiences than you so all in all be grateful for life. I mean sometimes we get discourage and fed up, It’s all in the human nature but we got to pull ourselves together to go from day today if we don't no one else would for us.
Examples of how looking back takes you forward
- When I was three years old I started attending Pre - School had it not been for pre –school. I would not have been able to know my work when I reached first year in Primary School and so the rest of the schooling goes. The first step should never be despised because it’s that step that paved the way for the second.
- I know what its like to be left hungry, so today when i see someone hungry or begging for food. I feel very sorry and if i have i will share with them or buy them a food. Simply because i know hunger is nothing nice and if i did not like the feeling . I should not like to see someone else starving when i can help.
- If I made a mistake I must look back at the mistakes I made go over it thoroughly and then I would know how to take a step forward. I could never make a change and press forward without making a glimpse behind. I must roll back the curtains of memory now and then.
- Some of the things I did when I was younger I can say I do them no more, simply because I looked at my errors and I prayed and ask God’s forgiveness and I moved on.
- You maybe a scientist but there will come a time in life that you would review your past and you’d see if you hadn't put in all those hours of study and labours etc, you would not have been where you are presently .
- My brother died when he was five years it was awfully hard for me. It has been fourteen years and I still miss him but you know what? When I look back to now I am glad that the Lord took him home. He’s much better off in heaven than on earth, the environment he would have grown up would not have been healthy for him. Maybe who knows he might have turned out a bad boy/juvenile delinquent, like most of the young men in that community.
- I think it’s extremely important and a great human necessity to always look back in the review mirror of your life. It makes you stronger , lessons learnt from life in your early stage/s can be of great edification to someone years later. Never let money, children, wife and a big house get you full of pride that you forget completely the days when you had nothing.
I feel very sadden at some people that forget the rock from whence they were hewn. They forget the days when they had to eat bread and water and they slept on dirt floors, but because God has blessed them and now they are doing much better in life they now look down at the poor and lowly. This should never be always remember where God has brought you from and you will appreciate life and others to.
~ ~ © Joanna Chandler 2011-2014