10 Reasons to Buy a Kindle
Kindle DX - Latest Generation
10 reasons to buy a Kindle now
If you thought that an e-book reading device is not for you, think again. Amazon's Kindle has three generations of user experience, development and improvement. Today's Kindle is worth a look.
What makes the Kindle so remarkable?
The idea of reading a book from a screen is very uncomfortable for many people. They like the feel of a real book. They like to turn real pages, look at chapter titles, enjoy color illustrations.
So then, why has The Kindle Reading Device become Amazon's best selling item for two years running? According to Amazon it is "the most-wished for, most gifted, and has the most 5-star reviews of any product on Amazon."
Did you know?
- E-books are the future. With e-book reader technology rapidly improving, and more books, magazines, newspapers and other print material becoming available for reading on Kindle – the market for Kindle and e-books keeps growing.
- Great for Travel. You can carry your whole library with you. Read as you wait in airports, hotel rooms, and as you sit by the pool or the beach. Get the latest news from your newspaper. Find and download books and periodicals in less than 60 seconds from anywhere in the world that has 3G wireless coverage
- Convenience and cost. Once you purchase Kindle, there are no annual contracts and no monthly fees. E-books cost less than new books, and you can download the books you want, when you want them. There are now over 1.8 million FREE out-of-copyright books available for reading on Kindle. All your books remain in your personal library always available wherever you have your Kindle. You can read first chapters of books FREE. You don't have to drive to the bookstore or order books online and wait for delivery. You don’t have to buy bookshelves for storage, or dispose of used books.
- Attractive design. The Kindle DX has an attractive design. It is thinner and lighter than previous models, and its QWERTY keyboard is convenient and easy.
- Large easy-to-read screen. The new Kindle DX has a large, no glare, high contrast screen for clear text and sharp images. It's ideal for graphics, PDFs, newspapers and magazines.
- Built-in dictionary and access to Wikipedia. Place your cursor over a word and its definition will display at the bottom of the screen. There's also free built-in access to Wikipedia.
- Easy bookmarking. Add annotations to text edit, delete, and export your notes. Highlight and clip key passages and bookmark pages for future use
- Reads out loud. The new Kindle DX has a text-to-speech feature. You can listen while it reads books, newspapers and magazine articles if the publisher makes this feature available. Or, you can download audio books to your computer and transfer them to Kindle DX.
- Personal documents. You can take your personal documents with you for reading and study. For a small fee you can email a wide variety of documents direct to your Kindle.
- Background music. You can play your MP3 background music while you read.