- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing»
- Creative Writing»
- Humor Writing
10 Thoughts That Will Keep You Up In The Middle Of the Night
You are tired from the busy day and you head to bed. You close your eyes and then, wait, what's that you hear? Some nights your thoughts are agonizing as they crowd your mind and keep you from staying asleep. Ah, allusive sleep!
Here are some of the thoughts you may have... Yes, the reflections have been, well, doused with a sprinkle of silly and a dash of harhar. The mixture creates a list of 10 thoughts that will keep you up in the middle of the night.
At Night, Thoughts Come and Sleep Goes
10 Thoughts That Will Keep You Up At Night
1. I know that spider is in the room, I know it. When I saw it earlier it was on the ceiling. It couldn't be under the sheets. Could it?
2. Well, if I lost five pounds between today and last Tuesday, then I should be able to fit into that outfit for the party tomorrow. Well that IS three days of dieting...
3. Yes! I have my next idea for an article. Wow, writer's block be gone! Now where did that pen go? (Fumbles around in dark and knocks over lamp)
No More Writer's Block. No Sleep Either.
4. It was only a nightmare. It was only a nightmare. If I say that enough times then it will seem less real... (May relate to #1 above)
5. I did turn off the light in the kitchen, didn't I? Yes. I did. Wait, did I turn off the light in the laundry room too?
6. What will I put as #6 on this list? (May relate to #3 above)
Kept Awake With Questions during the Night
7. How on earth can you sleep with all of that snoring you are doing? (Thought as look over at snoring partner in bed)
8. What if my alarm clock doesn't go off in the morning?
9. Wait - Did I set the alarm clock?
10. How DO they get the caramel into the Caramilk bar?
Solve the Caramilk Mystery
Do Your Thoughts Wake You Up In The Middle Of The Night?
- Top 5 Funny Thoughts As I Unpack My Summer Clothes
Here I go, unpacking my summer wardrobe again. Seriously, I wore THAT last year? Here are some random thoughts I have while looking at my summer clothes as I unpack them.
- The Top 5 Phrases from the TV Show Seinfeld
Although the show stopped taping in 1998, viewers continue to laugh today thanks to re-runs that play regularly on many channels. Known for its quirky humor, phrases from Seinfeld continue to be quoted today.