- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Poems & Poetry
Angelic voices sounding from above:a sonnet dedication
This is a little sonnet tribute to the children of Sandy Hook Elementary School, who passed away on the 14th of December, 2012
Before the distant cross, in humble prayer,
In search of calming silence, not enough
Small angelic chorus sung from high above
“With you, we’ll be there.”
In His Time-Instrumental
“Here in His alcove, nothing remiss
Basking in His ever loving care
His to give, and ours to share,
From hence, our place of eternal bliss.”
“And so he heals the wounds in time
Bridges firmly all rifts, open, gaping
With His gentle hands, so kind
Our little souls, continues, softly shaping
With caressing words that softly rhyme
Our eternal happiness he is creating.”
Copyright Michelle Liew Tsui-Lin All Rights Reserved
Other sonnets by Michelle Liew
- When the creature named hunger devours, an inspirati...
A musette on the driving force of hunger.
- When the light from a lighthouse shines for all: an ...
In our search for life’s purpose, we quite often selfishly think only of our our own needs. We finally find it when we consider the needs of others.
- The reasons why we should write poetry:an acrostic p...
On the benefits of writing poetry, some wonderful poets and an acrostic poem for National Poetry Month
- What makes a person beautiful:nurturing beauty's tru...
On what makes a person truly beautiful
- The Rogue Wave, a sonnet on overcoming loneliness an...
On overcoming feelings of loneliness and the discomfort of being in crowds.
- Holding sunlight in your hand: a song about how to s...
A little song about being positive despite the negativity of this world.
- The dangers of disrespect and overcoming its consequ...
On the dangers of disrespect, coming out of its darkness and a trillinea poem.