Author Interview with Segilola Salami
Introducing Segilola Salami
Many books start with an idea rather than an audience. How to pursue that idea ends up leading to the genre where it eventually ends up. Sometimes writing for a younger audience is the best way to get the message across.
As you can see below, Segilola Salami is an author who writes for children because of the story that she wanted to tell. It gives her the freedom to write from the point of view of characters that were animals, teach a second language, and share a story about the importance of family history. Check out Segilola Salami’s books and her YouTube channel below!
The Segilola Salami Show
1. How many books have you written and where can you buy them?
Three books so far.
2. What famous books can you compare to your own?
None comes to mind at the moment
3. Why do you write for this particular age group?
It just happened, that's how the characters in my head played out
4. How autobiographical are your books?
Not very, but I tool inspiration from real life to make the stories more believable
5. What’s the best compliment that you’ve ever received about your writing?
A librarian told me my writing style reminded him of a well known author called Elechi Amadi.
6. What has been your greatest moment as a writer so far?
Someone actually paying for my work
7. Where do you get your covers?
I use a freelancer
8. Who is your biggest fan?
I'm not sure yet
9. What is next for you?
I am working on my own show The Segilola Salami Show (see YouTube clip above).
10. End with a favorite quote.
"Failing to prepare, is preparing to fail." - Segilola Salami, author and host of The Segilola Salami Show