Bonded By Links Made Of Thread
Woven By The Fabric of Life
We are each the creator of our tapestry.
As early as 1793, Eli Whitney had created to cotton gin, a means to making cotton profitable. A great invention indeed as we are blessed with so many various choice colors of garments of clothing.
The idea that clothing is created from a single strand or thread, took my mind on a musing journey. As I reflect upon my life and the tapestry in which I have created my life story on by choice. I ask myself, what am I created of? What am I bonded by? What is it that keeps my links chained together? And do I have the power to break the link and recreate a new pattern, a new color, a new trend?
As I ponder these thoughts, I re-evaluate my life experiences:
* I am indeed created by shape and form by the choices I have made, the experiences I have had and the influences that have shaped my thinking.
* As I live by free choice, I ask myself what I am truly bonded by. And the answer I come up with is that I am bonded by my thoughts. If I am created in the image of God, the main ingredient of the human being recipe is that of Love. Yet, as I reflect upon my life that has had trials and tribulations, my thoughts have been created by external forces and attractions as well as temptations. In return, I have been influenced by environment, experiences and by those people that have shown up in any given situation. So I would have to admit that the bonds that hold me together are that in which my thoughts have constructed.
* What is it that keeps these links bonded and chained together? I ponder this question as I ruminate my life story......." Choice". I lean upon free choice, again. Like a seamstress at a cotton gin, or at the modern time sewing machine. I choose my color thread, my pattern and I begin my tapestry.
* Once my fabric is woven and my garment of threads are linked like a chain, I have chosen my garment of restraint. As I have chosen this, I am the master of elasticity. In other words, I create the limitations in which I am bonded by: Free choice created by experience.
* Do I have the power to break or change my tapestry? Once a garment of life is created can it be undone? I examine the tapestry in which I have created and I audit my life as if I were standing on the outside looking in. I smile or shake my head upon what I have created for myself. I smile more than I frown as I look around my environment. I look at those people that I surround myself with. I look at what I have created for myself and I feel good. I feel blessed, and I feel grateful. There are no regrets in life, just lessons to learn. Although he garments, chains and links that we create for ourselves in this lifetime are irreversible, they are however, out grown and a new is created. Sort of like the changes in human stages of life, as we grow and out grow our outer garments and shoes. It is only healthy to grow and change on the inside out and we choose the threads and chains that bound us.
Written by LEGold
A Strand Of Thread
A string of thread
Created my bed
In which I rest my head.
Dressed in layers of fawn
I awake at dawn
To find that I created the pattern
In which I live upon.
Encumbered by choices
Colors and voices
The tapestry I weave
Reflects that which my mind feeds.
Chains that restrain
are created out of my brain
My hearts tapestry has two threads;
Lub-Dub is all in red
It accentuates the tapestry created from my head.
Written by LEGold