Boredom Be Gone: Lesson 20- Grammar Practice
Subject- Verb Agreement
First identify the subject of each sentence, and then choose the correct verb.
1. What school (do, does) most people on this side of town attend?
2. Neither John nor his brothers (has,have) arrived on time all year.
3. Time and patience (is, are) necessary for success in school.
4. Usually either my friends or my teacher (bring, brings) an afternoon snack.
5. Students from Jackson High School often (is, are) successful in their careers.
7. Each of the seniors probably (don’t,doesn’t) realize that graduation is a bittersweet time.
8. Here (is, are) the recipe for success in high school.
9. First, each of the students (need, needs) to pay attention in class.
10. Next, neither you nor your friends (is, are) exempt from studying.
11. Everyone also (need, needs) to have a positive, responsible attitude.
12. Problems with the teacher (is, are) best solved by talking with the teacher.
13. The people in the guidance office (is, are) very helpful, too.
14. Finally, enough sleep and a decent diet (is, are) important.
15. Each of you dedicated seniors (deserve, deserves) a round of applause.
Answers will appear at the end of lesson 21, following the answers for lesson 19.