Friendship, the Perfect Blendship
Sentimental Friend Sayings
- A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. ~ Douglas Pagels
- I asked God for a flower, he gave me a garden. Asked for a friend, he gave me you. ~ Unknown
- A friend is the one who walks in when others walk out. ~ Unknown
- The friend is the person who knows all about you, and still likes you. ~ Elbert Hubbard
- Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. In's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything. ~ Muhammmad Ali
- There are three things in life that are most valuable - Love, self-confidence and friends. In you, I find all three. ~ Unknown
- The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. ~ Elisabeth Foley
- A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words. ~ Donna Roberts.
- True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable. ~ Dave Tyson Gentry
- A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself. ~ Unknown
- The language of friendship is not words but meanings. ~ Henry David Thoreau
- It takes a long time to grow an old friend. ~ John Leonard
- A friend is a gift you give yourself. ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
- A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart. ~ Heather Pryor
- I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripen with age, the true old man's milk and restorative cordial. ~ Thomas Jefferson.
- A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world. ~ Lois Wyse
- A friend can tell you things you don't want to tell yourself. ~ Frances Ward
- Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. ~ Unknown
Funny Friend Sayings
- Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty. ~ Unknown
- A good friend is cheaper than therapy. ~ Unknown
- A good friend puts a smile on your face, a great friend makes you crackup so hard you practically pee your pants. ~ Unknown
- A friend is the noodles in a warm bowl of chicken soup. ~ Lawrence Abraham
- You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job. ~ Laurence J. Peter
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway!!! ~ Unknown
- A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked. ~ Unknown
- Love is blind, but friendship closes it's eyes. ~ Unknown
- It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. ~ Marlene Dietrich
- It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Loving Friends Sayings
- Friends are kisses blown to us by angels. ~ Unknown
- No love, no friendship, can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. ~ Francois Mocuriac
- A friend is a sibling God forgot to give you. ~ Unknown
- Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend. ~ Plautus.
- Forget the times that he walked by. Forget the times he made you cry. Forget the times he spoke your name. Remember now, you're not the same. Forget the time he held your hand. Forget the sweet things if you can. Forget the times, and don't pretend. Remember now, he's just your friend. ~ Unknown
- When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares. ~ Henri Nouwen
- Friendship is Love, without his wings. ~ Lord Byron
- If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need me to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me. ~ Unknown
- There is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the meaning of one's soul. ~ Edith Wharton
- The best love is waking up to your best friend. ~ Unknown
- Friends don't have to be lovers, but lovers have to be friends. ~ Unknown
What is a Friend?
Now that you have read all of these friends quotes I have a question for you: What is your definition of a friend?
To me a friend is a blend of many things. A friend takes you as you are, they don't try to change you, they love you for who you are.
A friend is someone ho is always there for you, through thick and thin they are still your friend.
A friend is someone who won't put you down or hurt you feelings when others may,
A friend is someone who believes in you.
A friend is someone you can tell all of you secrets and they will never repeat.
A friend is someone who loves you because they want to.
- Eight Characteristics of a True Friend
It’s important to know who's worthy of a lifetime friendship. Good friends will positively influence, will always lift your spirits, and will appreciate your values. A helpful friend will give constructive criticism.
- Fake Friends Vs. Real Friends: 12 Ways to Spot a Two...
Do you ever worry that the people around you aren't genuine friends? Learn the signs of a fake friend and spare yourself the toxic drama.
- 8 Signs It's Time to Kiss a Friendship Goodbye!
Ending a friendship is painful but often necessary and sometimes even empowering. It may be a way to take a stand and look out for yourself. From using you as a therapist to always showing up late to not being there in your time of need, find out whe
- How to Mend a Broken Friendship
What to do when a cherished friendship goes wrong. How to start making things right.
- The Challenge of Friendships as a Highly Sensitive P...
Highly sensitive people often struggle with friendships and relationships. This article explores where the difficulties arise and offers thoughts on how an HSP can form more lasting friendships.
- Am I a Bad Friend? 7 Easy Ways to Tell If You Need t...
Has it dawned on you recently that you might be a bad friend to the people around you? Fear not! You may not be as terrible as you think. (Then again, you might be worse.)
© 2010 Susan Hazelton