- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing
Half-Empty OR Half-Full?
The Power of Positive Thinking
How do you define Positive Thinking?
- It is a mental attitude that expects good and favorable results.
- It is an optimistic state of our mind which sees the bright and healthy side of our life and increases our positive energy level which can then strengthen our motivation to pursue success.
Whether you THINK YOU CAN or THINK YOU CAN'T, you are right. Attitude is contagious, are yours worth catching?
Look at the glass of water.
What can you see? Is it half-empty or half-full?
The way you see it reflects the way you see life, the way you see things and understood them. I used to say “the glass is half-empty” every time because I can only see the emptiness above and not the still half water below, which represents many possibilities for things.
But now, I’m changing things the way I see it for me to change my life for the better. I’m switching for being a pessimist to optimist!
So now, I can say “the glass if half-full”.
POSITIVE vs NEGATIVE
Positive thinking brings inner peace to one’s mind and soul. It improves relationships, happiness, satisfaction and better health. It makes our life brighter and our day by day activities move more smoothly.
This kind of thinking can also affect everyone around you. Radiating these positive energy will cause people to like you and will enjoy being around you because of the vibrant energy you are releasing.
Positive thinking can yield better results on the well-being of your life and a successful outcome. Positive thinking is the key to your success in life and love and everything you want to be.
However, negative thoughts radiate negative energy that can ruin your day to day activities. This attitude can also influence people around you and you may be affecting them by that. This negative attitude brings unhappy moods and actions.
This is the way to failure, frustrations, disappointments and also depressions. Don’t let this poison take your life. Fight it. The power of positive thinking is within you.
Tips to Help You Develop the Power of Positive Thinking:
- Disregard and ignore negative thoughts. Reject these negatives thoughts and replace it with constructive ideas and plans.
- Always think of positive outcomes. Don’t stray on the problems, find the solution.
- Use constructive words often like “I can”, “I am able”, “It is possible”.
- To strengthen your confidence and inner strength, walk with your back straight.
- Talk to people who think positively.
- Allow yourself be covered with the feelings of peace, contentment, success and happiness.
- Engage yourself with plans and activities that can promote a better insight on one’s life and attitude.
If you are a pessimist, you can become an optimist by changing your thinking patterns. Practice and practice. Read a lot of inspirational books that would help you to think positive.
Dwelling on a bad experience doesn't make you anything but only more prone to depression and failure. Make it as a weapon to fight the negative that haunts your mind and life.
Instead of crying over spilled milk, you may think about what you have learned on that process, what knowledge did you acquire, and think of what you can do to it. What strength did you discover on yourself?
A failure may teach us one thing or two for us to become successful.
Life is too short to be miserable, too short to grieve to the things that cannot be undone and too short to stress over failures we encountered.
If you want to move on and be successful, take the lessons of failures with you and mix it with the power of positive thinking!
Look closely at these two words:
CAN and CANNOT
What is the difference? Only 3 letters, right? But these 3 letters will determine your life’s direction.
"Your mind is like your room.You can choose to close the windows and let the dark envelope you or you can open the windows and let the light shines inside. It is a matter of choice."
© 2012 Mycee. All Rights Reserved.