Holiday Messages For All Occasions
Happy St. Patrick's Day
Don't Forget To Wear Green
- H---Holding out for a pot of gold.
- A---A feast of corned beef and beer.
- P---People celebrating and feeling lucky.
- P---Peeking at live sports.
- Y---Yelling for your favorites.
ST. (I thought it best to keep it short.)
- S---Stories of leprechauns and their pot of gold.
- T---Toasting the luck of the Irish.
- P---Picking a four-leaf clover for luck.
- A---Announcing that your ancestor was Irish.
- T---Treating your friends to beer.
- R---Raising your glass in a friendly toast.
- I---Inquiring about your lack of green.
- C---Celebrating even if you aren't Irish.
- K---Keeping the Irish tradition.
- S---Shamrocks to remember the Emerald Isle.
- D---Donning green and showing your pride.
- A---Accepting other Irishmen as long lost brothers and sisters.
- Y---Yearning for them ‘Wild Irish Eyes’.
Grab a beer or iced tea and enjoy the festivities of the Holiday. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Happy Eggs To Compliment The Chocolate Bunnies
- E---Entertaining as the children race for their prizes.
- A--Attending church.
- S---Spring is finally in the air.
- T---Together we can celebrate the end of winter.
- E---Eggs make great dishes, even if a rabbit did bring them.
- R---Rabbits bringing eggs, how strange is that?
May your baskets be full of chocolate bunnies, eggs, and toys, Happy Easter!
Fourth Of July
Fireworks, Parades, And Cook-Outs To Celebrate Our Nation's Birthday
- F---Fireworks lighting up the sky with color.
- O---Our Country celebrates Independence.
- U---Up in the air, the sparks are flying.
- R---Reds, blues, whites all sparkly and bright.
- T---Time seems to drag while waiting for the sun to retire.
- H---Happy faces glow with anticipation.
- O---Our Country flag waves in a light breeze.
- F --Family picnics fill the parks and beaches.
- J---Jumping children squeal with each flash and bang.
- U---Under the velvet sky, we watch with glee.
- L---Lights of orange, yellow, green, and purple flash above.
- Y---Youths of all ages are mesmerized.
I wish you the very best weather as you celebrate the United State's independence.
Trick or Treat
- H---Hauntings cause great alarm.
- A---All scary excitement around every corner.
- L---Local homes are filled with skeletons and scary bats.
- L---Late night shenanigans.
- O---Owls hooting from the dark cemeteries.
- W---Will the ghosts come out to play?
- E---Everyone gets frightened until the treats come out.
- E---Every door hides another fright. Even the windows are scary.
- N---No monsters just your average treats, and a bit of tricking fun.
Turkey, Gravy, Stuffing, And Desserts
- T---Turkey day is such wonderful fun.
- H---Harvest feast it's called to some.
- A---Another chance to ignore your diet.
- N---Napping afterward, an hour, two, or maybe three.
- K---Keeping the children occupied with the parade.
- S---Smiling at the children's harmless games.
- G---Giving the kids their favorite parts of the bird.
- I---Including a prayer with a caring word.
- V---Varying the guest's seating array.
- I---Introducing eggnog to make the season gay.
- N---Napping, oh, did I say that again? Must be popular.
- G---Getting excited, Christmas is around the bend.
May your dinners and memories be happy and stuffed, Happy Thanksgiving!
Christmas Magic For All To Enjoy
Merry Christmas Fun
- M---Merriment, smiles, and songs.
- E---Excitement is in the air.
- R---Reminiscence over Christmas's past.
- R---Rousing carols and hot cocoa.
- Y---Yearly get-togethers, the kids got so big.
- C---Christmas trees are covered in flashing lights.
- H---Happy children who couldn't sleep Christmas Eve.
- R---Romping in the Snow, watch out for the snowball.
- I---Ice skating and a bonfire for light.
- S---Santa Claus, who else.
- T---Tinsel that shines like icicles.
- M---Meals with everyone sitting at the table.
- A---Attending parties with so much excitement.
- S---Sharing the joy of the season.
May the joy of the holiday fill you every Christmas and beyond!
Happy New Year
A New Year, And A Chance To Begin Again
- H-Hoping for a better year.
- A-Arranging your resolutions.
- P-Planning out a strategy.
- P-Peeking into the past to remind you where you have been.
- Y-Yearly reminders of special days.
- N-Needing to try to make things better.
- E-Enjoying the celebrations.
- W-Working towards a better you.
- Y-Yearning for the happier side of life.
- E-Entertaining family and friends.
- A-Altering yourself, or at least you have good intentions.
- R-Raising a cup to toast the year gone by and the new one coming in.
It's A Party
Birthdays, Anniversaries, Christmas, and More
- H---Hanging up colorful balloons.
- O---Opening the presents.
- L---Leisure after the fact.
- I---Intent on enjoying the fun.
- D---Dodging the cooks who could use a helper.
- A---Arranging the dinner plates for the guests.
- Y---Yelling with glee when you see your favorite desserts.
P---Playing with a new gadget.
- A---Admiring the snow, or rain, or sunshine.
- R---Reaching for a tasty morsel when no one is looking.
- T---Teasing the dancers or singers of party joy.
- I---Inhaling the delicious scents of desserts.
- E---Excitement in the air.
- S---Seeing friends and family members gathered to celebrate.
May all of your celebrated moments be grand!
Not A Formal Holiday, But Worth Celebrating
- S---Scents of flowers fill the air.
- P---Presents of hearts filled with chocolate.
- R---Rays of sunshine are a welcome sight.
- I---Intent bumble bees seeking nectar.
- N---Neat rows of colorful flowers.
- G---Gearing up for the summer fun.
This one is for all of us out there that begin to think of hearts filled with chocolates, love in the air, and no snow to block the sidewalk. Yes, love is in the air. Happy Spring!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2011 Cheryl Simonds