Why Should I Always Get the Blame?
1. I was just a foetus, mind you
And it wasn't as if there was anything I could do.
My Dada's sperm kicked up pace and won the race game
And I ended up getting the blame.
2. Forward Nine months - and what have you?
A bouncing baby boy - mama's little baby boo!
"He looks sickly - why should we give him a name?"
Oh! My!! Why should I always get the blame?
3. Four years on and I was ready for school
Skipped kindergarten and felt it was kinda cool
T'was not my fault I was brilliant - I felt no shame
Why then should I always get the blame?
4. In Secondary School, I was too naive, a fool
Ended up being used as the multi-purpose tool
The girls felt I sorta lit up a flame
And all my peeps thought it fit that I get the blame!
6. In the University, I thought it would be easy
Many were the heads I turned and made dizzy
Not any fault of mine - mind you, just plain fame
And, of course, I was given the blame!
7. I became a Minister - you'ld think life would be easier
Turned my back on most things - hoping things would get better
Without much effort, I got most of the acclaim
Why, then, should I always get the blame?
8. Time to get married - it became another Palaver
Made my choice but others felt they could get me one better
Stuck to my guns - refused to act busted, glum and lame
And, for that, I should get the blame?
9. It's time for bed and my family had complained of malaria
As their head, I decided to clear the area
Mosquitoes had to go and even they were full of shame
"Even a minister?", and they gave me the blame.
10. What more should I do? What if it was you?
Should I turn into everyone's "chu-chu"?
Can you imagine - even the TV just called my name?
Why? Oh! Why should I always get the blame?