- Books, Literature, and Writing
How do You keep up with more than ONE blog?
How do bloggers keep up with more than ONE Blog?
Having more than one Blog is great if bloggers have more than one Niche to write about. Many Bloggers focus on writing about several subjects on separate blogs, and then linking their blogs together, to create a great marketing strategy. However, KEEPING up with more than one Blog at a time can prove to be a bit difficult.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to write on several blogs at a time. In fact, the more blogs you create, and maintain the more chances you have at making more money if you are using Adsense to monetize your Blog. Having more than one blog can prove to be difficult, especially if you do not have a strategy to create traffic to your work. Many bloggers find it difficult enough to bring traffic to ONE blog, let alone two or three.
So, how DO you juggle multiple blogs at the same time?
Schedule and time when you are going to write on your blogs.
I write and maintain three blogs. My personal freelance blog, my own freelance blog for every day purposes- Beyond words, and then there is my Melaleuca blog which I update only once a week.
Blogger who write on more than one Blog should make up a schedule on which days they want to write and on WHICH Blogs. For example: Since I have three different Blogs, I choose to write on my Melaleuca blog only on sun and mon. Why? It is easier since that Is when THIS particular blog gets the most attention.
Scheduling when you want to write on your blogs not only saves you time and energy, BUT it can give you the attention that you want online.
- Create a set schedule on when you want to write on your blogs, and keep up with it. Even if you can only write one blog post a week for one of your blogs, do it. This can help you keep traffic coming to your blog.
- Create several ideas for posts for your blogs. This can help you get organize and not fall behind with your blogs. Keeping up with your blogs is extremely important. It can help you come up more on search engines, and be more findable overall. Even if you only write one post a day, or a week, this can help your blog survive online.
- Depending on the blog platform you are using, You can SCHEDULE a time for your posts to be published. This idea is BRILLIANT if you ask me. I use Blogger as my blog platform, and I just found the convenient SCHEDULING system to ensure what time you want your blog posts to be published. I am not sure if Wordpress has this [articular feature, but if you are using Blogger, then you can use this feature to write your posts, and then schedule when you want each individual post to be published. This can save you a lot of time in the future.
- Do your research ahead of time. Before you sit down and create new posts for your blog, do your research to have an idea of what you want to write about. This is helpful because many writers get lost in trying to get new ideas for blog posts and finding out what's new online.
Bloggers need to learn how to promote their blogs through out the week. This is as important as providing fresh content for your blogs every week. Promoting your blogs does not have to be hard, there are a few things that you can do to make things easier when you are managing more than one blog.
- Promote almost as often as you write. Remember, no traffic no point in writing. You need to create some sort of traffic to your blogs. This is especially important when you have Just started your blog. You need to get the word out of your newest project, and make sure that your followers FOLLOW you.
- Just like setting a schedule to write, set a schedule for blog promotion. You do not have to do it every single day, however, if you write a new blog post today, its important that you share it as soon as you publish it. Studies have found writers that have shared their new content immediately after publication, actually achieve their first 100 views on the same day. This is mainly because readers can get a chance to talk to the writer, instead of just commenting and waiting for a response.
- Link your blogs or posts within your newer posts. This is not nearly as complicated as it sounds. If you have older blog posts that have not gotten any traffic in quite some time, then take the time to Link the URL of that post to any NEWER material. Not only will this keep your blogs fresh, but traffic will definitely follow!
Blog Design and layout.
Take the time to create a nice and Clean layout for your blog. Make it look professional, and easy for ANYONE to search through your work on any given day and time. This is an important part of keeping up with your blog, because believe it or not BLOG APPEARANCE MATTERS.
Depending on the content of your blog, and how your blog looks to others, will determine the popularity of your work. So, if you want to attract people left and right, and have a successful blog within a year, then create a blog worth COMING BACK TO. If you want an example Visit my Blog- BEYOND WORDS.