- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- How to Write
How much money can you make as a freelance writer?
If you are a freelancer then this is one an article that you are going want to read.
On average, freelancers can make up to 4,000 a month, if not more.
Many writers have more than one project at a time, and this helps writers make money from different sources. Writers can make money from:
- Blogs- Their own (Adsense, promoting services)
- Guest blogging
- private clients
- Coaching services
- content mills
This may come as a shock to many writers that are struggling to make ends meet today. If writers take their jobs seriously, and they understand how to earn money from any website(s) they contribute to, this goal can be achieved.
I started writing for $1 articles on Freelancer.com. This helped me for a while, until I started doing more research and found content mills such as Triond, Helium and even Associated content (now Yahoo contributer). Through these sites, I was able to make a few hundred dollars a month. Once I saw the true potential of this business, I started to take more time to do some research, and found out just how much I can charge for my writing services.
There are three things that can help ANY Writer make a decent salary EACH MONTH.
- Make money with the right Keywords
Choosing the right keywords for each article can be the easiest way to make more money with each Hub.
- How to charge as much as One dollar per word as a new freelance writer
How do you set the price for your freelance services? This article explains how writers can charge as much as one dollar per word, and start making the money that they want each month.
Making money from content mills
If you write for any content mill or any website that pays you money to publish content or a certain amount of money for the amount of traffic that your work receives, the one thing that you have to remember is that these sites DO want you to make money.
Content mills have a bad reputation because writers often do not get paid the amount of money that they deserve for their work. On the other hand, many blogger, and professional writers take the time to write a few articles and publish them on websites such as Helium, Hubpages, Yahoo contributer Network to make extra money on the side.
Writers can make money from these particular sites, and they can make more than enough to live on. One thing that writers HAVE to remember is that even though you can make money from writing on these sites, you have to know what you can write, and what can make you the most money.
Many writers criticize my choice of writing for places such as Helium, and even here on Hubpages, however, I do make money from these websites, and Hubpages in particular helps me learn all about marketing, SEO and keyword density. As I improve my writing, so does my earnings. Because I've increased my earnings on Hubpages, I've managed to take the time to build my traffic and attract more readers on my newest Blog- Beyond words-jessi, and at the same time, made money from that blog through Adsense.
If you are anything like me, you love to write. If I do not get out at least three articles, I feel unaccomplished. What helps me make the money that I need from writing online is just that, I love to write, and I focus on SEO and increasing my Keyword density on my articles or hubs, to make sure my work gets Indexed by Google faster.
These sites want writers to make money, which is why they have become so popular.
Here are 5 things that you can do to improve your earnings this month:
- Do research, and find out what the latest topics are, and join the crowd.
- Learn all about Keyword density, and SEO and apply it to every single one of your articles.
- Learn how to Market your articles on other websites, and use writing forums.
- Find popular blog, and comment on their articles, leave a link to your work on the comment.
- This is probably the most important thing to do: write more than one article at a time, and connect them to each other.
Learn how to make money from your blog.
I'm not a great writer, but I LOVE to write. When I started my very first blog, I started out very slowly. I'm talking about writing MAYBE one blog post every week, and WAITING for my readers to find me. This didn't work very well for me, since I made no money, and I was constantly looking for jobs online, and looking for answers as to WHY I wasn't making money from my blog.
There really is NO trick to make money from your blog. All you need is traffic, to bring you people to click on the Ads if you are using Adsense. If you are using your blog to promote yourself as a writer, and your skills, then you also need traffic to increase your chances of someone taking an interest in hiring you.
Like I said before, there isn't a trick to making money from your blog. But there are ways to make it easier for bloggers to cash out on Adsense much faster.
- Learn how to market you ENTIRE blog. Not just your blog posts. I use Triberr and Blog Engage to market my blog, and my Hubs. The results have been incredible!
- Join Blog communities, and meet other bloggers! This is not only smart, but it can also open doors for you as a writer and blogger. Since I joined several blog communities, I've developed several friendships that have helped me increase my blog revenue and hubpages earnings.
- Update your blog as much as possible. I'm not just talking about blog posts, but also the appearance of your blog, and the information on it.
- Subscribe to blogs. If you want your readers to subscribe to your blog, then subscribe to other blogs. Its as simple as that. The only way to generate traffic to your blog, is to join other blogs that already have the traffic and success that you want. You can not only learn from the blog, but you can also get to know other writers and share blog experience.
There is no reason why any writer can't make the money that they want every month. If I can do it, so can you!