Author Interview with R.V. Reyes
Introducing R.V. Reyes
Below is my interview with mystery author R.V. Reyes. Find out how she went from first draft to publication on her first novel, and check out the link to buy her book!
Book title: Jeweler's Mark - A Love & Diamonds Mystery
How long have you been a published author? Counting my poet years - 20.
Jeweler's Mark book cover
1. What made you decide to become an indie author? What do you like to write about?
As a Latina writer writing Latina characters, I found a lot of lip service but little action to the call for more diversity in traditional publishing. So, I DYI-ed it!
2. How did you publish your first book?
I had it professionally edited and found a great cover designer. I, also, used my designer for formatting.
3. Did you ever try to submit to traditional publishers? If so, what was your experience like?
Yes, I did the agent rounds. I got positive comments but no offers for representation.
4. How did you market your first book? Has your process changed with subsequent books?
I am still in the first months of marketing Jeweler's Mark.
5. How do you support other indie authors?
I buy indie books especially when I've met the author. I retweet and share. I also do interviews on my blog if the author is a Florida resident.
6. What responses have you received from telling people that you are a writer?
I always get a positive response and sometimes even awe. Most people can't imagine coming up with a story to fill a full-length book.
7. What/who has been your biggest support as an indie author?
The family of mystery writers I have from membership in writing groups and my friends, of course.
8. Quote from a positive review of your work.
"Strong characters, crime, jewels, and romance. This has all that and more. I cannot wait for more and can't wait to see where Gigi's romance goes from here. Hopefully she and Lou can stay out of trouble!"