- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Poems & Poetry
My #12 for National Poetry Month
in the dark we learn
the secret parts of ourselves,
we stumble over
after dreams are spent
in the quiet we can see the lines
on an intake of breath,
its vital signs
a blip of light
on the congress of stars.
i wonder where we go
when the knowledge takes hold,
when it roots us
to the floor.
the dark speaks my name
copyright/all rights reserved Audrey Howitt 2015
1.knowledge, understanding, or cognizance; mental perception:an idea beyond one's ken.2.range of sight or vision.verb (used with object), kenned or kent, ken·ning.3.Chiefly Scot.
- to know, have knowledge of or about, or be acquainted with (aperson or thing).
- to understand or perceive (an idea or situation).
4.Scots Law. to acknowledge as heir; recognize by a judicial act.5.Archaic. to see; descry; recognize.6.British Dialect Archaic.
- to declare, acknowledge, or confess (something).
- to teach, direct, or guide (someone).