- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing»
- Creative Writing»
- Humor Writing
On Living Longer: A Fun Look at Life and Death Decisions
Celebrating 116 Year of Age
Retired Teacher Lives To Be 116
Do You Want A Longer Life?
How long would you like to live?
How important is it to you to live a long life?
How much would you sacrifice if you could live an extra day, an extra month, an extra year, an extra decade or even an extra quarter century -- or longer?
Think about it.
If the creator came to visit you -- say, at midnight tonight -- and offered you an opportunity to live a longer life, what sacrifices would you be willing to make for some extra time?
What if the creator told you that it is written in "The Book" that you are scheduled to expire at the age of 60?
What if your lifespan could be extended . . . if only you would agree to one or more of the following conditions:
Give Up Ice Cream?
(1) You could extend your life by a full year to age 61 . . . if only you would give up eating ice cream.
Give Up Nightclubs?
(2) You could gain five additional years and live to 65 . . . if only you would give up carousing at nightclubs -- perhaps like this one (Davitts Nightclub) in Dungarvan, County Waterford, Ireland?
Give Up Drinking Coffee?
(3) You could live an additional 10 years to 70 . . . if only you would give up drinking coffee.
Give Up Steak and Lobster?
(4) You could extend your life by 15 years to 75 . . . if only you would give up steak and lobster.
Give Up Traveling?
(5) You could gain an extra 20 years and live to be 80 . . . if only you would agree never to travel beyond 100 miles from home -- perhaps to see to a scenic area like this one in Dungarvan, Ireland.
Give Up Eating Out?
(6) You could gain 25 years and live to be 85 . . . if you only would give up eating out -- perhaps at a good Chinese restaurant or maybe at Archie Moore's Restaurant and Bar in New Haven, Conn.
Give Up Drinking?
Give Up Illegal Drugs?
(7) You could live 30 years longer to 90 . . . if only you would give up drinking (booze, that is.)
(8) You could live another 35 years to age 95 . . . if only you would give up illegal drugs.
Give Up Religious Or Political Persuasions?
(9) You could live to the ripe old age of 100 . . . if only you would abandon your political or religious views.
Give Up Sex?
(10) You could live to be an incredible 130 years of age . . . if only you would pledge to give up sex.
Give Up All These Things?
(11) You could live to be 150 . . . if you would agree to give up all these things!
How old would you choose to be when you shuffle off this mortal coil?
If the truth be told -- and this is the truth -- I believe many people would make the trade and gladly make some or all of these sacrifices in exchange for a longer life!
How about you?
Why not tell us what sacrifices you would be willing to make?
Having retired from The Hour newspaper in 2000, I now write my views on a wide variety of topics on HubPages.