My Favorite Albert Einstein Quotes
Albert Einstein would have to be one of my greatest inspirations. Some of the things he said during his life were so profound and insightful, that I was left with goosebumps the first time I heard them. Here are some of my favorite Einstein quotes to share with you... Enjoy!
Einstein's Ironic Humor
- "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
- "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. "
- "Only two things are Infinite; 'The Universe' and 'Human Stupidity'; and I am not too sure about the former."
- "If my theory of relativity is proven successful, Germany will claim me as a German and France will declare that I am a citizen of the world. Should my theory prove untrue, France will say that I am a German and Germany will declare that I am a Jew."
- "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
- "I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."
- "I think and think for months and years. Ninety-nine times, the conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right."
Inspirational Einstein Quotes
- "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning."
- "There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
- "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
- "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."
Einstein on Imagination, Logic, Knowledge & Intelligence
- "Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."
- If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
- "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be."
- "All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree."
- "Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking."
- "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
- "Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school."
- "I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination."
- "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
Einstein on Morality, Truth & Justice
- "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
- "Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
- "Force always attracts men of low morality."
- "In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems, for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same."
- "I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it."
- "As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue."
- "Concern for man and his fate must always form the chief interest of all technical endeavors. Never forget this in the midst of your diagrams and equations."
- "Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized."
Einstein Quotes on Love & War
- "Love is a better teacher than duty. "
- "Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."
- "Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
- "Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing."
- "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
- "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war."
- "The unleashed power of the atom has changed everything save our modes of thinking and we thus drift toward unparalleled catastrophe."
- "It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."
Please join me on FaceBook
- STOP the Violence Against Women & Children
Organize to Resist! Together we can take on the Predators! Let's Break the Silence to End the Violence by working together to make our voices a Resounding SHOUT!!! Perpetrators BEWARE - you don't stand a chance!
All names in this article have been changed for legal purposes and to protect the privacy of the Author. Except where otherwise credited, or where text forms part of an external link, this article is under the following copyright:
Copyright © 2010 Mel Stewart, "safe-at-last", of Perth, Western Australia. All rights reserved.
All persons, places and objects shown in the images in this hub are are shown for illustrative purposes only. They bear no relation to any real person or event. All persons shown are paid models. Unless otherwise credited, all images are under the following copyright:
Copyright © 2010 Mel Stewart, "safe-at-last" and Licensors Nodtronics Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.