Poetry Challenge: The Art Of The Double Entendre
One of my favorite things about poetry is the clever use of word play and metaphor. A skillful poet can dazzle a person with his ability to link two different ideas with the same set of words. The double entendre is the ultimate testament to this skill. The double entendre or double meaning is when something is worded in a certain way to have two meanings. One of those meanings is obvious, and the other is hidden behind clever word play.
This weeks poetry challenge is all about the art of the double entendre. Let's see how clever the poets on HubPages really are, by writing an original poem about anything. It could be about a cup of coffee, a favorite season, a flower, or anything else that tickles your fancy. The challenge is wording this poem so it looks like you are speaking about the object, but there is also a hidden meaning behind the words.
Guidelines For Challenge
- Write your Hub and post the link to it in the comment section of this Hub.
- Visit this Hub frequently to read find the links of other poets who have contributed to the challenge. Be sure to give them some feedback.
- Share this Hub with others, so that we can get a good participation for this challenge.
- HubPages has specific guidelines against sexually suggestive double entendre, so please keep it family friendly.
- I will be posting a new challenge in one week, but this challenge will remain open for as long as people want to participate.
I hope you all will enjoy this challenge. Extra cool points will be given out to any poet who can make me laugh with their challenge pieces. Let's see how creative we can all be with our double meanings, and make this the best challenge ever.