- Books, Literature, and Writing
Producing Quality Writing In Quantity
Whether you are writing essays, blogging, writing articles, or producing other web content it is important that you can produce a lot of quality writing. After all, the more you write the better you will do. However, often it seems easier said then done.
With a handful of tips and some practice you can increase the speed you produce content without sacrificing the quality of your pieces.
Keep It Simple
There are a lot of things in our lives that can be kept simple. Often times we work hard to make these things happen, but we never try to make them simple. Instead we work harder rather then smarter. Well, your writing doesn't have to be hard. Instead it can be easy and kept simple all while producing a lot of good quality items.
- Keep a note book full of ideas for writing possibilities. If you always have something you can write then you never have to worry about wasting time trying to find something. For more detailed information you can check out How to Generate Writing Ideas.
- Keep your writing easy to write and to read. Do this with sections, numbers, and bulleted points which help you break up your thoughts (as well as making it easier to skim and read your works).
- Practice typing. Nothing will slow you down like not being able to get your thoughts out fast enough. Typing can be lots faster then writing as well as eliminating steps.
There are a lot of things you can do in general that will make you a better writer. That will mean you can write faster, more efficiently, and crank out more and more work.
- Practice. My mom always said that practice makes perfect. Well, I don't know about perfect, but it certainly helps. The more you write, the more you work at writing, the better you will get. It will take time and effort, but it will happen if you keep at it.
- Read. Read what you write, read what other people write, read articles, blogs, and books. It isn't always easy to squeeze in time for reading, but it is important and will help you as a writer.
- Challenge yourself. Try to write more, harder things, and even things you think you can't write. One great place to do that is Story Mash. Here you write a second chapter (or third, forth, and so on) to someone else's writing. This is all creative writing, but can be a huge challenge.
Use Your Time Efficiently
It may sound odd having someone say that you need to use your time efficiently. However, you may be able to produce a lot more work in the same time frame. You should evaluate the things you do and see if you have bad habits that waste your writing time.
- Do you check your e-mail more then once a day?
- Do you check your Google Adsense or other money making sites more then once a week?
- Do you read through the news or get distracted online?
- Do you take breaks in the middle of writing an article or a page?
All of these things may only take a few minutes worth of your time, but if they are distracting you from your output then you are not writing as much as you could (and therefore not making as much as you could!). Eliminate those things that you do that you don't need to do or shouldn't do. This will make a huge difference in the time that you have for writing and how much you can get done in that time.
If you are one that has a hard time editing your work you can come back later. Save it, work on other things, and come back in a few hours or even a few days. This will make the work fresh in your mind and you will see it how it is. Then you can make changes you may have other wise missed. With sites like Hubpages which give you full control over your works then you can publish them and come back later for more in-depth editing then you do the first time through. This will let you improve on your hubs over time.
Follow the Format That Works
Whether you do all your work online or you work on paper as well you should follow the format that works. It might be a little different for you then it is for me, but all in all a good writing format is one that you follow these steps.
Have a topic. This is easily accomplished if you keep the three ring notebook full of titles and topics to write from. You simply choose the topic that you want to write.
Make an outline. This can be done with simple titles at the top of each section or sub-section. When using a site like Hubpages you can do a bunch of text capsules and then adding a title to each. Move them around till they look good and then work through them.
Write. Yep, fill in each section so that it looks good.
Edit. Read through your article. Use the spell check. Make changes to improve your article (page or blog).
Make Final Changes. Change things that would do better, sound better, or read better.
This process doesn't have to take a long time and should be done one step at a time from start to finish without a break. It is then that you will find that you have completed your work quickly and without a ton of effort.
Writing lots of content doesn't mean that you need to write poorer quality items. Instead, you need to make sure you are using your time well and keeping organized. These things are the biggest keys to writing great articles and pages in less time.