- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- How to Write
Publishing a Blog on Amazon Kindle
Kindle Fire Full Color
Kindle Allows Writers to Share Blogs on Amazon
As a writer there are many venues for publishing. Amazon provides writer's with the ability to self-publish their books and sell them on Amazon Kindle. Bloggers can also publish their blogs through Amazon Kindle and obtain more readers while earning money self-publishing a blog.
Kindle Blogs are automatically delivered wirelessly to a readers Kindle throughout the day. The reader does not have to be connected in order to view their subscription and they can read in full context with color images.
You don't have to own a Kindle to read Kindle books and blogs. Items can be viewed on iPhones, iPads, Laptops, PC's and other wireless devices.
In order to start publishing your blog through Amazon Kindle here are a few suggestions before posting your blog to the site.
1. A blog should be interesting, have a niche that others will enjoy reading and something that readers will want to pay for in order to read.
2. Niche blogs about a certain subject (parenting, crafts, book authors, gardening) will attract more subscribers. Be sure to pick a subject you are passionate about and can write on a regular basis.
3. Have something to say on your blog. Don't just post ramblings or your views about a subject. Write about subjects people will want to read. Share links to other sites that offer free samples, discounts, or suggested reading for visitors.
4. If you are a writer and have self-published books keep your readers updated on what your books are about, what you are currently working on and answer readers questions.
5. Offer free stuff such as free patterns, free eBooks, free how to information, etc.
6. Be sure to post to your blog at least 3 to 4 times a week. The more you post about your topic the more readers you will be able to attract. Readers will pay to read your blog on their Kindle but only if you have something to read about on a regular basis.
Once a blog is established bloggers can move on the next step and start posting a blog on to the Amazon Kindle Publishing for Blogs site.
How to Publish Through Amazon Kindle
Amazon Kindle for Blogs publishing is an easy and fast way to self-publish a blog and sell your blogs on the Kindle store. Besides blogs you can also add your magazine or newspaper to the site.
The first step in order to get started is to visit the Kindle Publishing for Blogs Web site located here.
Once you are on the site there are three easy steps in order to get started. If you already have an Amazon account you can use your existing log in or create a new account separate from your standard account.
After you sign in or create a new account. You Kindle account will allow you to add your blogs and create apps.
Next you will have to complete a one page form that is easy to fill out. Preview your blog and see how it will be displayed. Be sure to write compelling and detailed information about the blog to capture readers.
Next all you have to to is publish your blog and it will be available in the Kindle store.
Kindle is a great way to monteize a blog. Before subscribing to a blog readers will be allowed to obtain a trial subscription. Below we review how you can promote your blog and make money with Kindle views.
Making Money with Kindle Blogs
By selling your Kindle Blogs through the Amazon Kindle Store you can earn money each month.
Amazon will pay you 30% of the monthly blog subscription price for every subscriber of your blog. You can not set the price of your blog, Amazon will define the price depending on what they deem a fair value for their customers.
There are also rules for instance, this service is only available to blogs in the United States, a blog cannot be free as Amazon determines the price, and currently you can only publish html blogs on Kindle.
Blogs posts will be updated automatically through Amazon all you have to do is write a new blog post and your readers will receive it withing a time frame determined by Amazon.
You are allowed to post links in your blog and determine what category to place your blog in.
In order to promote your Kindle blog you can place a Kindle Chicklet next to your RSS chicklets or elsewhere or your site to let your customers know that you blog is available through Amazon Kinde. If you are an Amazon Associate you will receive referrals for all qualifying purchases on Amazon.com including 10% on the Kindle device.
Promote your Kindle blog through other outlets such as writing articles, Twitter, Facebook and other social media outlets. Let your friends and family know about your Kindle blog and post the blog URL in as many resources and you can think of.
Once you have signed up for Kindle blogs the site provides a help center to answer questions and a community forum that lets bloggers communicate with others.
Kindle Blogs is another great resource for writers to start earning money with their posts. I am not aware if Kindle allows you to posts your HubPages blog on the site but they do allow Blogger blogs, Wordpress blogs, independent blogs, and blogs of all shapes and sizes.
If you have more questions about posting your blog on Amazon Kindle be sure to leave me a post below and I will try my best to provide you with an answer.
- Craft Drawer Craft Patterns, My Blog on Amazon
My blog on Amazon Craft Drawer Craft Patterns, Ideas and Free Patterns:
- How a Self-Published Author Sells Thousands of Books on Kindle and Earns Millions - Publish with Ama
At 26 years old Amanda Hocking is doing what the rest of writers dream of. Writing for a living and earning money. How much money you may ask? Well, it is estimated that she earned about 2 million this past year with her books
- Step-by-Step Guides for Publishing on Kindle
After writing your book one of the best places to publish a book is with Amazon Kindle. Start by reading all the information on
- Kindle Publishing for Blogs
Here is how to get started publishing a blog on Amazon Kindle