Quiz: The Eight Parts of Speech
The quiz below asks questions about the different parts of speech in the English language. Best of wishes! Please follow the instructions, below:
- For best results, please do not cheat.
- This Quiz is for your benefit, to show you how well you understand the different parts of speech; as such, cheating will only give you inaccurate results.
- Have fun!
view quiz statistics
Helpful Grammar Resources
- The English Language: To/Too/Two
Ah yes. It was only a matter of time before I decided to write this article. Indeed, I see far too often writers in various fields using these tiny, tiny words incorrectly. Below you should find details about...
- The English Language: Verb Tenses
- The English Language: Using Pronouns Efficiently
Pronouns make the day simpler for every writer and speaker. A pronoun is a special noun which takes an assumed meaning based on the placement in the paragraph. Without pronouns, sentences could look something...
- The English Language: Synonyms and Antonyms
Synonyms and antonyms are the bread and butter of effective communication. An effective communicator is not worthy of the title if he or she is unable to quickly find the word that fits the need exactly. If a...
- The English Language: Homonyms and Homophones
Homonyms and Homophones are interesting words that have very special properties. Homonyms are a set of words which are spelled the same and pronounced the same, but have different meanings. Jet (the...
- The English Language: Their/They're/There
Now, there there. *pat pat* There are few things that get on my nerves more than seeing text messages or, worse, fan fiction, wherein the author has little-to-no understanding of how to use these nifty...
- The English Language: Eight Parts of Speech
The following is a guide to understanding the different parts of speech and when they are to be used. Understanding these basic elements of the English language is essential to speaking and writing...