Quotes: Walt Disney
- Walter Elias Disney (AKA Walt Disney) was born on December 5th 1901 in Chicago, IL.
- He died on December 15 1966 from lung cancer
- There is an urban legend that he is cryogenically frozen and will be re-awoken at a later date. (this of course is not true)
- Tom Hanks plays the part of Walt Disney in Saving Mr. Banks
- There is a minor planet named after him
- His brother, Roy Disney, is responsible for naming Walt Disney World after his late brother
- He had intended for people to live in EPCOT, not visit it as a theme park
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
"If you can dream it, you can do it."
"A man should never neglect his family for business."
"Its kind of fun to do the impossible."
"I only hope we don't lose sight of one thing- that it was all started by a mouse."
"When you're curious, you find lots of things to do."
"I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it."
"I would rather entertain people and hope they learn something than educate them and hope they were entertained."
"The best way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."
"Why worry? If you have done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better."
"There is more treasure in books than all the loot on Treasure Island."
"Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children."
"Money doesn't excite me- my ideas excite me."
"The difference in winning and losing is most often not quitting."
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever."
"Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
"We are not trying to entertain critics. I'll take my chances with the public."
"Laughter is America's most important export."
"The era we are living in today is a dream come true."
"You reach a point where you don't work for money."
Disneyland will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
"We believed in our idea- a family park where children and parents could have fun together."
"In bad times and in good, I never lost my sense of zest for life."
"Everyone falls down. Getting back up is how you learn how to walk."
"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
"Never get bored or cynical. Yesterday is a thing of the past."
"To all who come to this happy place: welcome."
"When we do fantasy we must not lose sight of reality."
"For every laugh there should be a tear."
"Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends."
"You don't build it for yourself. You know what the people want and you build it for them."
"I'm doing this because I want to do it better."
"I don't know if its art, but I know I like it."
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we are curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
"I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train" - Walt talking about his plans for building Disneyland
- Although Walt was a chain smoker he made sure that he was never seen smoking around children.
- After seeing a cowboy walk through Tomorrow Land Walt decided he wanted to build a better park.
- Walt's film Snow White and the Seven Dwarves was the first full length animated movie, and was an instant success.
- Disney received a special Academy Award for the creation of Mickey Mouse.
- Walt and his wife Lillian had one daughter and then adopted another later the same year.
- The Disney studio produced the animation for Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and ended up losing most of his animation staff when Universal (who owned Oswald) decided to cut the price per short in half. The Disney Cooperation regained the rights to Oswald in 2006.
- Walt has had more Academy Award nominations than any other person.