Will the Louisiana Sink Hole End the World?| Random Thoughts of a Writer With Writer's Block.
This will give you background information about the sinkhole.
There are days where it is almost impossible to concentrate on writing. I sit at the computer and contemplate about what topic I should write about. I have many ideas racing through my mind, but can I write a whole article about one topic? Today, the answer to that question is no. So, I have decided to put some of my random thoughts and fears on paper (or the computer screen).
1. Will the 400-foot deep sinkhole in Assumption Parrish Louisiana end the world?
Apparently, there is a cavern about 2000 feet from the sinkhole that contains 940,000 gallons of butane. Authorities are concerned that a massive explosion could result ( an explosion 100 times stronger than the bomb dropped on Hiroshima) if the butane is released to the surface.
If that prospect is not scary enough for you, the water in the sinkhole is radioactive (though not at dangerous levels); however, who knows what amount of radiation, or radioacrive material located deeper underground, could be released in a massive explosion? In closing, many end of the world prognosticators are riled up, so should we (I) be scared too?
2. Is anyone else worried about how accessible pornography is to children and teenagers? I have had several teenagers tell me they watch pornography all the time (even in school). There are some truly disturbing sexual (and non sexual) images on the internet. How does one get the images of Two Girls One Cup out of your head? Pornography has to effect how teenage boys see women and have some affect on their future realationships, right?
3.What super food or supplement that was supposed to cure all your ills... is now bad for you? Will the term sooper foods go away like the term free radicals?
4. Why are there so many food and drug scares lately (lack of oversight?)? It seems like every day there is a new commercial warning about a prescription medication.
5. Why are so many of our pets dying of cancer, and what is it in our environment that is causing them to have cancer?
6. Will Tim Tebow ever become a great quarterback? He is a great kid, but will we know who he is in a few years?
7. I read part of an article once that said all that men want is sex slaves. Is that statement true? Note to wifey, in no way do I think that statement is true.
8. Are other people as tired of the presidential campaign as I am? And, we have such a long way to go.
9. I know that every new generation of parents says this, but are our children becoming lazier? My friend’s daughter said, “You do not have to work mom, you just have to become famous." Is that the motto of the younger generation?
10. Will the so called bath salts drug start the Zombie Apocalypse?
11. Is it only a coincidence that, it seems as if, only white people seem to question Obama's birth certificate? I would be willing to admit that I am wrong, if you come up with a logical argument against my contention.
12. A DJ on a local radio station stated that he took five years of french, in college, because he was chasing a girl. I have to admit that I took 4 classes in college only because I too was chasing a girl.Have you ever done anything as dumb- just because you liked a member of the opposite sex?
In closing, I am really going to have to write a real hub...maybe tomorrow