Send off to a Daughter - A Poem
Poem - Send Off to a Daughter
A daughter is a little girl who grows up to be a wonderful friend to you. I wrote this poem with tearful eyes when my elder daughter got married and left the house. I know many of you must be parents like me whose daughters left your house to make their own homes, with their life partner. Though it is a happy occasion to see your daughter married off, it is also an emotional time of separation from your daughter.
You're the apple of my eyes
You're the aim of my life
I still remember the day
The first feeble cry
Pierced through my ears,
When I heard you call me "Ma....."
I felt the entire Universe in my hand!
When I hugged you in my chest,
With all my warmth,
I forgot all my worries and sorrows
That surrounded me like a cage.
Since then I looked forward each day
to see your growth, enthusiastically
Now the long-awaited day has come
To part you with, my lovely child
When you found "your man"
in your life-
You may hardly remember me,
In the threshold of your new life'
But you'll always be in my thoughts,
My sweet and darling daughter,
The love and memories you left behind
will keep me going on......
Some Amazing Mother-Daughter Relationship Quotes
1. One of the greatest gifts I've ever gotten is my daughter.
2. I don’t want my children to follow in my footsteps. I want them to take the path next to me and go further than I could have ever dreamt possible.
3. No matter how old my daughter gets, she’ll always be my baby girl.
4. She is always a great friend to me with whom I can share anything.
5. There is nothing more powerful than a mother’s love for her daughter and there is nothing more healing than daughter’s gratitude.