Predictions are generally very hard. In most cases, we are clueless to the future and events that are out of our control. For example, the stock market is one where even the experts are confounded. However, some predictions are not very heard to make. Anyone who have a good understanding of human nature and a student of history will have no problem making some predictions.
- June 2020
The Recent Riots and Protests in the Aftermath of the Murder of George Floyd
This is a tragedy in the making. Not only for the family of George Floyd who died at the hand of police but for our nation.
In the aftermath of this senseless killing caught on video, our nation was shaken to the foundation. Not one person in our vast country was in support of these few police officers who clearly did wrong. They were fired and charged with murder and accessories to commit murder. That, unfortunately, was not enough. The charge of racism raised its ugly head again as in so many other high profile cases.
This time, among the protests, and the riots and the looting, a movement started to take hold and that is #defundthepolice. Across the nation, this movement, started by BLM, has lead to the disbanding of police in the city of Minneapolis.
What will be the outcome?
This movement was instigated by a group called BLM and supported by another radical group called Antifa. It was based on emotions after the killing of George Floyd but not thought out.
Any society, exists on a certain common belief system. One of which is law and order. Without a functioning police force, there will be chaos and there will be lawlessness and there will be people taking the law into their own hands. It is inevitable.
Sooner or later, the average citizens will act in their own self interest.
Here are my predictions:
1. Defunding the police will fail as a policy.
2. Gun sales will increase leading to more violence.
3. The people most affected will be the inner cities where crime rate is highest.
4. Reforming the police department will happen across the nation however, the results will be questionable at best.
5. The various call to remove statues and rename buildings will end in chaos. When will the insanity stop? I wrote this article 3 years ago and it is more relevant today.
6. Race relations will remain a thorn on our side ready to flair up with the next incident.
7. As usual, the radical left will go too far and push too much, too fast and will turn the average middle ground people against them.
8. The autonomous Zone setup in Seattle will not end well. Sooner or later, police will have to be sent in to restore order.
9. Trump will be re-elected President in November 2020.
Case In Point - Seattle CHAZ
This is the most glaring example of how crazy and insane our cities are. Police abandoned their precincts. Protesters takeover a section of downtown Seattle, and the authorities are helpless. Businesses are looted and windows broken.
What is their next move?
They make demands for all kinds of free stuff. Who is supporting them? Those huge barriers are not cheap. Did they just show up? Who is feeding them?
These protests and riots are in mostly blue states and blue cities. These places have been under Democratic control for decades.
Why is that?
I hate to politicize this tragedy but someone needs to ask the tough questions.
Why are these states and cities a breeding ground for crime, and homeless, and public unrest...?
My predictions are easy to make. They are no brainers. Among chaos, people always go with the strong law and order guy.
Some Related Info
- Seattle will move to dismantle 'Chaz' occupied protest zone, mayor says | US news | The Guardian
Jenny Durkan says police will return to precinct where hundreds have gathered daily...
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2020 Jack Lee