- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Books & Novels
TOP 25 SIGNS YOU READ TOO MUCH
TOP TWENTY-FIVE SIGNS YOU READ TOO MUCH
(Not that you could ever read too much!!!)
25. After hearing about an interesting dilemma or some juicy gossip, you tell people, “You should write a book…” and you mean it.
24. You hear gossip and you say, “I read that in a book once…” and proceed to discuss the plot.
23. You accidentally sign your checks with your pen name.
22. You hear someone else’s name and tell them it would make a great pen name.
21. You randomly quote book lines in conversation.
20. Your children are named after your favorite characters or authors.
19. You recognize archetypal patterns within your family.
18. You compare everyday life to plot structures and decide whether or not you’re the antagonist.
17. You are genuinely shocked when you meet someone who hates to read.
16.You try to convert a non-reader into a bibliophile.
15. You can read the inside cover of a book and know instantly whether or not you will like it.
14.You tell people, “Just give me the cliff notes version.”
13.Embarrassingly, you seem to know something about every topic people are discussing.
12.When asked how you know something, you always answer, “I read it in a book.”
11.Research should be your middle name.
10.Your house has more shelves than furniture.
9. People view your home as a local library, and use it accordingly.
8. You use phrases such as, “I’m sorry, I lost the plot,” or “Are you giving me the unabridged version?”
7. Your cat’s name is Frodo.
6. The bookstore knows you on a first name basis.
5. The book is always better than the movie.
4. You refer to phases in your life as “chapters”.
3. You own more than one dictionary, and they’re huge.
2. You claim you can write better than some of the crap you’ve read, even though you've never published anything.
1. You are the only one you know who doesn’t think climax is a sexual term.