The Instant Millionaire Redux
I came across this simple book by accident at a tag sale. It was published in 1990 by Mark Fisher. It contains wisdom that all of us could benefit from, especially the young.
- Nov. 2016
Some Key Ideas
1. Ask and you will receive.
2. Put it down on paper.
3. Take Risks.
4. Be Confident.
5. Power of the unconscious mind.
6. Enjoy the journey.
7. Meaning of Life.
8. Pass it on...
1. The Bible has a quote "ask and you will receive, knock and it will be answered". It is such a simple concept but it is true. If you want something in life, you need to ask first. When you go to someone's house, do you just stand at the door or do you knock? Only by knocking, does the homeowner know someone is at the door.
2. Put it down on paper. This simple act is not as easy as you might think. It requires you to think really hard about what is it that you want. It also forces you to verbalize it and also prioritize. Once you have the idea, make it as specific as you can. Think of it as instructions or direction. If you were giving an instruction to someone, what details do you need to communicate so that the person will not get lost.
3. Carpe diem. It is a Latin phrase for seize the moment. This requires some risk taking. It is easy to sit back and let things happen. However, sometimes, you need to take action when the right moment comes along. It is true of money decisions, career decisions and even relationship decision.
4. Be confident and act confident. It goes a long way to getting where you want to be. When you enter a room, feel like you belong and you own it. This attitude will send an unconscious message that you know what you are doing.
5. Our mind or brain is a powerful instrument. It comprises of two part, the conscious and the unconscious. The concious is self explanatory. The unconscious is also very powerful. It is like a voice in the back of your mind. Once a seed is planted there, your brain will work behind the scene to make it happen.
6. Enjoy the journey. Smell the roses along the way. Think of your life as a journey. You are trying to reach a perfect destination. However, that does not mean each step has to be hard or challenging. Think of the experience as a way to prepare you for the final destination. Enjoy each experience as if it is a gift rather than a chore.
7. The meaning of life is a mystery for all. There is no right or wrong answer. Everyone is unique and have different expectations. The meaning of life can be as simple as making people in your life happy. Or as complex as unraveling the secrets of the universe. To each his own.
8. Pass it on. Pay it foreword. Once you have attain this knowledge, it is good to share with others. We are all in the same boat. Any wisdom to help us cope is welcomed.
This book is only 131 pages and it measures only 8" by 6". The message is simple yet profound. The title of the book is deceptive. It is not only talking about money or wealth. It is a metaphor for wealth of spirit. The wisdom in it will be a guide to success and happiness.
It is also undeniable that many concepts have a religious connection. Asking is the equivalent of prayer. Whether you address a deity or not, it is a form of conditioning and positive reinforcement. The Golden Rule is also a key concept. Treat others as you would want to be treated. The greatest Commandment of all. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and most important commandment. The second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.
Good luck and Peace.