- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing»
- Creative Writing»
- Humor Writing
The mysterious blinding light that appeared from out of no where
It's an extremely rare phenomenon that's as old as Fred Flintstone dropping and breaking his daily newspaper from that dinosaur which he was riding to work on. It's something that's always been around, but more recently has become more wide spread. It's like an epidemic that's gone mad, and everywhere you look it seems like they are multiplying, and that there's more and more of them everyday.
On top of everything else this phenomenon can be so shinny at times that they can create a blinding light. If a whole group of them are congregating outside on a sunny day, their bright reflection could possibly even endanger aircraft flying overhead.
If you haven't guessed it yet, and you probably haven't I'm talking about the sudden increase with folks shaving their heads. Yes I'm talking about voluntary baldness. I'll be frank, there are a lot of people who I've known to have a full head of hair all of their life, who have just decided all of a sudden, and right out of the blue to throw in the towel and shave all of their hair off.
One day I was sitting at work during break time with a group of guys who all have a full head of hair. The very next day it looks like I'm surrounded by the Mr. Clean convention from 1977 all over again. I asked several of Mr. Clean's cousins who were all of a sudden hair challenged just what each of them liked and disliked about being bald, and here's what they had to say about their new hair free life style.
Some of the folks who I spoke to, who were not offended, said that they just simply like being bald, along with the hassle free life style that accompanied not having to tend to hair. Others who are rather full of themselves actually believe the baldness is attractive to the opposite sex. Give me a break, and the world's flat too. But according to all of these hairless people the plus side of being bald far out weighs the negative side. Now let's take a look at what my bald buddies had to say about the good and the bad of being a hairless wonder.........................................................................
The plus side of being bald
1. You don't have to worry about the wind messing up your pretty hair anymore.
2. You can skip a shower, and no one will ever know.
3. You will save a fortune on barber shop visits.
4. You won't have the expense of having to buy combs, and brushes.
5. You don't have to worry about anyone calling you a hippy.
6. You don't have to be concerned about dandruff any more.
7. You will save money on shampoo, and hair conditioner.
8. You'll like that cool feeling of a fan blowing over your bald head.
9. You'll be cooler in the Summer time.
10. You'll enjoy rubbing your own bald head.
11. You won't be bothered anymore with your hair getting into your eyes.
12. You won't have to worry about your hair getting into your food anymore.
13. You'll have some extra spare time in the mornings from when you would be normally of been brushing your hair.
The negative side of baldness
1. Your head might get cold in the Wintertime.
2. You'll have to spend extra money on sun block in the Summer time to keep your bald head from baking, and getting burnt in the sun.
3. You sweat a lot more without any hair on top of your head.
4. People might sneak up on you, and draw a face on your head while you are sleeping.
5. You'll have the extra expense of having to purchase a wool hat in the Winter time.
6. There's nothing there anymore to cover up all of that ugliness.
7. You'll miss running your fingers through your own hair.
8. Your brain might overheat without the protective hair cover anymore.
9. You'll have to tolerate people calling you names like cue ball, and milk dud.
There was one nut job that said there wasn't any difference, and that their head stayed cooler with a little hair on it. One question that comes to mind is if the advantages to being bald outweigh the disadvantages, then why doesn't everyone just go ahead and shave their heads? One answer to that question may be that appearance has a lot to do with it, and that some of those melons out there no one in their right mind would want to see. So the next time you experience some mysterious blinding light from out of no where, remember it might just be that one of your friends shaved their head!
This entire hub was written in humor, and I wish to apologize if anyone was offended in anyway.
In a totally unrelated topic, you might want to look around some the next time you're driving down the road. I heard on the radio that 10% of people are driving down the road naked. I'm not sure where they are getting their information, but bald heads might not be the only thing you see when you're out on your next Sunday drive.