- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing
Time is Precious- Time Management Tips with Inspirational Quotes
Time is Precious
Need for Time Management
- Time is a continuous fleeting process.
- You often experience that it is passing very swiftly and you are unable to perform your tasks timely.
- You are unable to estimate it accurately. The right quantum of the time required in performing any activity is underestimated in most cases.
- As a result, you end up being late in performing and completing the tasks.
So, time management is very much essential to managing your day-to-day tasks more successfully and timely. You need to access your each and every task or action and evaluate the time required in performing it. Only then can you plan things done within your available time. It allows you to prioritize and set your goals also very efficiently.
So, get up and plan your time more smartly to manage your time more productively and fruitfully.
My own experiences on Time Management
I would like to share some of my own problems and experiences in managing the time while accomplishing my tasks.
I used to experience a lot of problem in reaching office timely for many years. Even though I get up early and finish my bath timely, I used to spend more time in other activities like performing my daily puja or assist my wife in her kitchen work and end up in being late at the office often. Thereby, I had to spend extra hours there to please my superiors even if I disliked it. Most of my co-staff used to sit till late hours as they had no problem with it. It was very torturesome to me but I could not resist as I had been not punctual. Later, I realized many leak points of time wastage and fixed some of them to catch up the fleeting time. I also got my transfer to another unit of their office and there, I maintained punctuality and succeeded in my life.
Presently also, I once again feeling myself late in performing my daily routine (I am retired and aged 65 now) and so trying to fix my issues in maintaining my punctuality at every stage of work like kitchen work, puja, online work, and other miscellaneous household jobs. So, I am writing this article as an inspiration to me and also as offering some tips to you.
A Quote from Michael Altshuler, a Motivational Speaker and "American Gladiators" fame TV personality.
- "The bad news is time flies. The good news is you are the pilot."
You are The Pilot and Boss of Your Time
You are the manager and steering pilot of your own time. It is up to you to decide how to utilize your time more fruitfully and efficiently to attain the most satisfaction from it. Here, the satisfaction is not a mere material satisfaction. It is the inner soul's satisfaction that is obtained by performing beautiful, wonderful jobs for the overall pleasure and happiness of humanity which includes your own self, your family, neighbors, and the society. So, manage and steer your time efficiently to attain this bliss.
Even though I am not a perfectionist in this field, I always try to manage my time prudently and make the most out of it. I set my time schedule very planned and perform my tasks accordingly with satisfying results.
Another Important Quote on Time
The importance of Time and the need for your own willpower in managing it is mentioned in this quote by Carl Sandburg.
"Time is the most valuable coin in your life. You and you alone will decide how that coin will be spent".
By Carl Sandburg, A great American Poet and Writer.
Plan and Set your Time
Time Management Tip- Plan and Set your Priorities
This poetic ( I doubt it being poetic) expression in this section is only my attempt to entertain myself and get some joy. Don't quit the article. There's much more useful information along with some great quotes in the sections to follow.
Watch in time
Catch in time
Time Management- Time is Precious- Spend carefully
Time is very precious. It is one best asset and gift to you from God. You have your full life's time to do your tasks. But, you should think in terms of that you have so little time left and at the same time so much remaining time with you to perform your tasks. So, value your time and know the importance of time. Do not waste it or spend out it carelessly and uselessly. Manage time efficiently and also try to save some of your time to devote it for the benefit of other people in need of help.
Inspirational Quote on Time Management from Earl Nightingale
"Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored."
- By Earl Nightingale (1921- 1989), an American Radio personality and Motivational Speaker.
A tip on Time Management by one French Poet
"He who every morning plans the transactions of that day and follows that plan, carries a thread that will guide him through the labyrinth of the busy life."
By Victor Hugo, French Poet of the 19th century.
Time Management Tips- Healthy Habits for Success
To manage time smartly and efficiently, you need to practice healthy lifestyles that keep you well balanced both physically and mentally.
- Set your timetable according to your tasks, goals, priorities and your stamina. Don't overdo or underdo anything. You need to consider your health points also while doing so.
- Get up early from bed and go to sleep also at a fixed time daily according to your sleep requirements. The sleep requirement varies slightly according to your nature of the job, your body build, and even weather conditions. This habit provides you with a stable period of time available for managing your daily tasks and activities.
- Have some physical exercise or some intake of fresh air that can rejuvenate your energy and keep you ready for the day's tasks free of any tension.
- Meditation or daily worship habits also provide stamina and freshness to your body and mind so that you can manage your tasks properly within time without any tensions or frustrations.
- Take your food at the fixed proper time regularly, whether it is breakfast, meals or snacks and fruits. This keeps your energy always well maintained and balanced and thereby improves your stamina and efficiency in meeting your goals timely.
Wrist Watch for Time Management
Time Management Tips for Work-Time Management
People often find themselves complaining about the lack of sufficient time for achieving tasks, frustrations, and non-cooperation from other staff or team leaders.
- Stop complaining and look at the facts and basic roots for these hindrances or feelings. You will realize your weaknesses or faults.
- Try to find out the causes for non-compliance in achieving the tasks within time. What are the processes or actions required for performing a task and whether you are doing them perfectly? See if you are indulging in some extra unnecessary actions not required for that task.
- Most people indulge in lengthy phone talks or browsing on their mobile sets while performing their work which is a very bad habit and a drawback in achieving their targets. Avoid unnecessary actions like these that are not connected to your work.
- Do not spend time at canteens or smoking rooms that curtail your work time achievement.
- Do not procrastinate or postpone work till last minutes thinking that you may complete it easily before the deadlines set for them.
- When you are stuck in the middle of a task and are much confused as to how to proceed with it, it is better to take a light break sipping some coffee or indulging in some different activity that gives a small rest to your mind. This will refresh your mind and you can get the solution for completing the task with some fresh ideas.
- Developing nice relationships with your other staff can also help you in managing your tasks fruitfully within time schedules. You can seek the help of your companion in finding the solution for your problems at work and complete it timely.
- Don't feed your mind with any feelings of jealousy or suspicions with your co-staff or managers. Always keep friendly relations with all your associates and be frank in all your dealings with them with an open heart. This will result in peace of mind and tensionless atmosphere that can increase your efficiency.
Time Management Tips that work
About Time management video
Time is your own creation. When you are the creator of Time, you should be also able to manage it properly and efficiently. The ten tips provided here are great in managing your time, whether you are an employee of some organization, self-employed, or a housewife. Locate your lapses and unnecessary activities or involvements and fix them or avoid them to reach to your goals.
About Time Management
What is your experience at achieving successful time management?
Time Management Tips in a Nutshell
- Do not get tense or develop the inferiority complex.
- Plan things with a cool balanced mind.
- Think in terms of your overall tasks or actions to be performed during the day. You may keep some of the activities for the weekend.
- Segregate each activity or part of it and access the time required for it. Then, calculate the whole time required for the entire schedule for that day.
- Set your time according to the sequence of the tasks to be performed. Which task is the starting one for your day? The next one thereafter, and like that plan the entire sequence of that day's work.
- Divide the available time and set your other routine also accordingly like getting up from the bed, freshen up and refreshing, entertainment, going to sleep, and other activities.
- You may require to curtail or lengthen the time taken or set for some of those activities according to their importance to set all those tasks within your available time frame. Put those unimportant and social activities for the weekend (off days).