Quotes From Oprah's Life Class
When Oprah's Life Class premiered on October 10th, 2011, I admit that I was hesitant to watch it. Don't get me wrong I love all things Oprah, but this seemed a little boring and after watching the commercials I wasn't sure how the episodes would come across. I am happy to say I was wrong in my judgements and from the very first time I watched it, I was hooked. The lessons she imparts have applications in everyone's lives including my own. There have been many "aha" moments, as Oprah calls them, each and every episode I have watched. From lessons on forgiveness to friendships and letting go of the past, the lessons I have learned stay with me even after the show is over. I look forward to each and every show knowing that what she and her guests have to share can impact my life in such a positive way.
Along the way, Oprah has had many guest speakers and audience members tell their stories and impart their wisdom to the audience. There are many guests who have come back on several occasions and it is through their words and wisdom I have learned so much. The following quotes come from spiritual leaders, motivational speakers and past guests who include: Iyanla Vanzant, Tony Robbins, Bishop T.D. Jakes, Deepak Chopra, and Pastor Joel Osteen. These leaders all come from different backgrounds and offer insights from past experiences. Their diversity in thought is what comes together to make such powerful and profound realizations.
1. "Stop. Take three deep breaths and smile everywhere in your body. Observing what is happening in your body. Proceed now with kindness and understanding." -Deepak Chopra
2. "Whatever you are struggling with is a reminder for you to find true purpose in your lifetime." -Deepak Chopra
3. "I remember the past and I learn from it. I rejoice and celebrate in the present, and I re-imagine the future. Now is the moment that never ends." -Deepak Chopra
4. "Your children will never listen to what you say, but they will mirror your nuances. Especially when they are in the first three years of life; that's when you influence them. If you want to influence your children, you have to be the example." -Deepak Chopra
5."The past is gone, the future is not here, now I am free of both. Right now, I choose joy." - Deepak Chopra
6. What we don't recognize is holding onto resentment is like holding onto your breath. You'll soon start to suffocate." -Deepak Chopra
7. "Courage is feeling the fear and doing it anyway." -Oprah
8. "Holding onto anger allows your past to define your present. Forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could be any different." -Oprah
9. "When you focus on serving, there is no fear in you." -Tony Robbins
10. "We are distracted from our greatness because are greatness is what scares us. Right where you are...God is." -Iyanla Vanzant
11. "The way to achieve your own success is to be willing to help somebody else get it first." -Iyanla Vanzant
12. "It is passion that gives you the peace you need, but it's the pain that gives you conviction." -Bishop T.D. Jakes
13. "Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself. It does not exonerate the perpetrator." -Bishop T.D. Jakes
14. "When you haven't forgiven those who hurt you, you turn your back against your future. When you do forgive, you start walking forward." -Tyler Perry
15. There is a nobility in compassion, a beauty in empathy, a grace in forgiveness," -John Connolly
More great quotes
- 15 Inspirational Quotes From Iyanla Vanzant
My favorite quotes by inspirational speaker Iyanla Vanzant.
- Motivational Quotes, Insightful Quotes and Inspirational Quotes About Life
- The Power of Positive Thinking Sayings, Quotes, and Tips
Sometimes all it takes is one sentence spoken by one person to change your whole perspective on a situation. I know for me personally the quotes on forgiveness really spoke to me and allowed me to see things in a whole new light. The power of the spoken and written word is evident in the quotes from above. Please feel free to share your favorite quotes!