- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Commercial & Creative Writing
Words of Motivational Wisdom - My Top 25 Motivational Quotes
This is merely a list of my top 25 motivational quotes, words of wisdom which have inspired me to succeed in becoming a better person, continuously seeking ways of improving, both in physical and mental aspects of life.
01. “Always Do What You Are Afraid To Do”
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
An inspiring quote which should always be in the back of people's minds, seeking success and personal fulfillment, for what is more rewarding than succeeding at something you had been told, either by your own mind or others that you could not do.
02. If the wind will not serve, take to the oars.
Destitutus ventis, remos adhibe
Having a soft spot for Latin, as can be seen in my written works (i.e. Three Minutes to Midnight), this is one of my favourite motivational quotes of all time, and always encourages me to go out there and get the job done.
03. “Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do.”
(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
04. “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.”
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
05. “Work spares us from three evils: boredom, vice, and need.”
06. “You cannot stop the waves, but you can learn to surf”
Originally a surfing quote, but it also gives a beautiful image of dealing with, and riding out the hard times which are lunged towards you like giant waves breaking.
07. “Fortune favors the brave.”
08. “The best way out is always through.
09. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.”
10. “You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.”
Who can disagree with the legendary 99? Life is all about taking chances, calculated chances that is, to use Gretzky’s metaphor, you would not take the shot if you were standing behind your own goalie on the ice rink would you… work hard, get in position, take the shot. …Calculated risk, calculated success.
11. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.”
12. "If we did all the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.”
13. “The will to persevere is often the difference between failure and success.
Want to say thanks for this article? Please check out this book I helped co-write. Thanks.
14. “What ere thou art, act well thy part.”
(David Oman McKay)
15. “Well I'm always working on constantly everything. I never take the approach that I'm doing as well as I possibly can... I always think there's more and I think if you don't have that, you are not driven to be better.”
Another of my favourite surfing quotations which is truly inspiring both in surfing and also in other aspects of life, always strive to be the best you can be. Always think there is more, because there is more, much more.
16. "The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.”
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
17. “His resolve is not to seem, but to be, the best.
18. “This world is but canvas to our imaginations.”
(Henry David Thoreau)
19. "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right.”
As Henry Ford truly stated, it is all about your state of mind, be persistent, stay positive and work hard; success is due to follow.
20. "Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.”
21. "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.”
22. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
23. "Keep steadily before you the fact that all true success depends at last upon yourself.”
Theodore T. Hunger
To achieve success you cannot be afraid to get in there and do the dirty work yourself, not relying upon others to do the work for you. It all comes down to you in the end, your motivation, your persistence, and your dreams.
24. “The rung of a ladder was never meant to rest upon, but only to hold a man's foot long enough to enable him to put the other somewhat higher.”
Always strive to be better, strive to aspire, strive to inspire, but most of all strive to make a difference.
25. "When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top.”
At your toughest moments, keep your chin up like Rocky Marciano, there will always be blows and inconveniences coming your way, but like a surfer you must learn to ride them like waves, utilizing their negative energy converting them into positive inspiration for the goals you strive to achieve. Seek vitality in the sunlight which has reached your life, let the world be your canvas, and paint it in the beautiful images of your dreams. Be brave, grab your oars, row with perseverance against the stream. And through overcoming the things you were afraid of doing, you will climb that hill and one day, you will enjoy the magnificent view of a world you helped create.
The world is yours…