- Books, Literature, and Writing»
- Poems & Poetry
Tips on how to revive our relationship with God
Have some time with God
In our modern world, we sometimes forget to acknowledge God's greatness. And more people just remember God in times of trouble. And often forget Him in times of abundance and happiness. How should we help ourselves inclined and attached to God even if we live in this cruel world?
There are steps on how to renew our relationship with our Creator:
1. Wake up early in the morning. By getting out of bed as early as five in the morning, you will have more time to do things than when you wake up late.
2. Have a morning devotional and evening lesson. It is best to spend at least fifteen minutes morning worship and evening worship with your family. Reading inspirational messages from God daily will surely highlight your day because you will be able to reflect and be reminded on how God love's you.
3. Walk at least 30 minutes every day. This is to keep your blood well oxygenated, that in return our brain and body could function at its maximum performance. As a result, you will be able to think clearly and be able to focus to our Heavenly Master.
4. Go to church every week. Remember the Sabbath day to keep it Holy, God said it on the Ten Commandments to work in six days, but on the Seventh day, you should rest from all labors. We sometimes neglect to have a day of rest because we are too consumed with all of our tasks and burdens. But let us be reminded that God love's us and doesn't want us to be overwhelmed with our jobs rather spend a day to relax, forget all our problems and focus solely to our Almighty Father.
5. Spend time with your family. If you do have a healthy relationship with your family, you can be able to serve God joyfully.
6. Eat nutritious foods. It is really important to choose the food that you eat. Keeping your body healthy could lead to a more healthy connection to our God.
7. Drink eight to ten glasses a day. This will flush out toxins out from our bodies thus keeping our system on the right track.
8. Read your Bible every day. Bible is the only source of connection to our God. It is compared like a love letter from God to us. If you will make it a habit, then your relationship with God will be rebuilt.
9. Sleep as early as nine o'clock. It will help your tired and burn out muscles get some rest and ready for another day's activity.
10. Pray every time. When you pray, pray earnestly and seek God's guidance in every way. It is the best communication that we can do to talk with our Creator. Nothing beats prayer!
These are the things we could do in order to better our spiritual health. We do have a lot of Vitamin supplements and other things to keep us physically fit. But, if we do not give much attention with our spiritual well-being, then it will lead to spiritual death.
Let us keep God in our hearts all the time!