Attention: Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill Review
Napoleon Hill is one of the best authors whose writing is still popular and in existent in the 21st century. Although was written in the 1930s it’s still the best success and business book worth reading. Think and Grow Rich
I was actually recommended this book by a friend and at first I wasn’t keen or interested in reading it. I just keep postponing reading it and let it accumulate dust.
Anyway one day when I was bored I decided to just peruse through the book and see what it’s all is about. I was hooked once I went through one of the chapters titled How to Outwit the Six Ghosts of Fear.
It immediately became a book worth the read throughout the weeks to come.
If you are into personal development and self-help Napoleon Hill will not disappoint you. You will learn about your thinking and how it affects you in growing riches, that’s the whole concept of this book.
It focuses on your mindset, what Napoleon Hill learned from the best entrepreneurs like Henry Ford, Harvey Firestone, and others.
What you will learn from the book is:
- Why you are Three Feet from Gold (Success)
- A Fifty-Cent Lesson in Persistence
- Why Desire is the First Step towards Riches
- Why Faith is the Second Step towards Riches
- Auto-Suggestion as the Third Step towards Riches
- Specialized Knowledge as the Fourth Step towards Riches
- Imagination as the Fifth Step towards Riches
- Organized planning as the Sixth Step towards Riches
- Decision Making as the Seventh Step towards Riches
- Persistence as the Eighth Step towards Riches
- The Power of the Mastermind as the Ninth Step towards Riches
- Why Men Seldom Succeed Before Forty
- The Subconscious Mind
- The Brain as the Twelfth Step towards Riches
- The Sixth Sense
- How to Outwit the Six Ghosts of Fear
This is just a small trailer or preview of what the book is all about. Napoleon Hill is the bible of achieving success as what I like most is a great analysis of the basics of success like mindset.
This is a MUST have if want to know what successful people do, think and what they live by to ensure that success is achievable. You’ll get to explore their thinking and you will have learned something new by end of each chapter.
Because you are human and retaining information for long is difficult I recommend that when reading always take notes. Also there are several exercises in the book, don’t ignore them.
Have a notebook and pen with you because I want you to retain most of the information.
I guarantee that you will have Wow moments when reading and writing. You will also realize that you have being doing most of the mistakes Napoleon Hill highlights.
Here is a just few notes I took of what I learned from the book:
- How failure is a trickster
- How to write goals that lead to you achieving them (you are writing goals the wrong way that’s the reason for not achieving them)
- How imagination and great riches are connected
- How to pass the persistence test
- How quick riches are dangerous (Napoleon Hill explains that riches and success have to be wooed like a woman. He goes more into details what this means for your success)
- The different fears and their symptoms (my fears were criticism and poverty)
I know it sounds like I’m trying to sell this book because I am. You need it.
Napoleon Hill is a success genius with his book being the success bible.
He has other books but Think and Grow Rich is better than the rest and most just borrow their concepts here.
As one of the quotes from the book states that, “People who do not succeed have one distinguishing trait in common. They all know all the reasons for failure.”
I would recommend this book to anyone yearning to achieve success.