I was wondering if you could write something about your perception of WB?

1. erin boote profile image61
    erin booteposted 8 years ago

I was wondering if you could write something about your perception of   WB?

Did you find people to be friendly at first? How does Wilkes Barre differ from other areas that you either lived in or were familiar with?
    Do you see WB as a small town or a big town?

2. profile image52
    bob enrightposted 8 years ago

Hmmmm....well, let's see...I met the sweetest person ever the night after I moved in...but, you are already very familiar with that story...so, I'm guessing that you mean other than that.

Overall, I'd say people were friendly.  There were nice folks, and a few jerks like anywhere else.  The most interesting thing about the people I met here is how many are heading to jail.  I must say, I have never lived in a town with this level of corruption. 

But, from a wider perspective, having lived in more than my share of towns, I have observed that the bigger the town, the more accepting of outsiders they are.  I attritube this to the fact that in a bigger town, people are more used to people moving in and out.  Small towns tend to be much more close knit, and suspicious of outsiders.

All in all, I enjoy living in Wilkes-Barre.  There are just enough things to do here, without being overly congested like NY, or even Allentown. I would consider it a big, small town.  In a good way.

working