jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What one person today keeps you motivated? Why?

1. wondergrl profile image55
    wondergrlposted 8 years ago

What one person today keeps you motivated? Why?

It's great how you are able to share your life experiences and relate to us(the public)in a way we can say hey I've felt like that before. How do you do that?

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 8 years ago

That would depend on each person, as an individual. Each person has their own life's experiences and sometimes can relay those experiences to others, as sharing, per se.

Sustained 'motive' can be achieved through desire to achieve one with oneself. Your 'motive' or 'why' you do something is usually based on whether or not, you have any sort of ambition.

Myself, my love for humanity is what drives me to share my experiences and knowledge. The feeling I receive from providing clarity to others fulfills my own individual purpose, which I set for myself.

To be honest- if you have no purpose in your life that can help change society as a whole, you might want to re-consider why you live. Your individual ability to satisfy your own unique purpose can sustain a loving feeling you cannot find anywhere else.

How do you do that? Make the conscious decision that your life is going to mean something more than just simply living.

At least, that is my opinion. I hope that helped.

3. thirst4more profile image60
    thirst4moreposted 8 years ago

I'd be lying if I didn't admit that Chuck Palahniuk is one of the main authors that keep me motivated in my writing.  His writing is so awesome, just in case you don't know who I'm speaking of he is the author of the book turned movie, Fight Club, as well as Choke.
    If you ever youtube his name and watch any of his interviews I feel you'd be inspired by him as well.  From his interviews and his book signings I just gained a great deal of respect for the way he carries himself being such a succesful writer.  I would encourage you to check him out on youtube, if you haven't already.  He's a very interesting person and will provoke you to think.  I like that in people.  Thanks for your question wondergrrrl.

Your Fan

4. Hmrjmr1 profile image80
    Hmrjmr1posted 8 years ago

My late wife Zena still serves as my primary motivator today. She is why I do what I love and Love what I do.