jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would you or have you named a child after a character from a novel?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image81
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

Would you or have you named a child after a character from a novel?

2. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 7 years ago

As, probably, every western world name has been used to name characters in novels, everyone who is indigenous to the western world, and  has named a child, probably has.

3. Diane Kennedy profile image61
    Diane Kennedyposted 7 years ago

I didn't name any of my kids after characters from novels . . . . but it didn't occur to me back then.  (My oldest child is 19 and the youngest is 13).  However, my oldest daughter's name was inspired by Mel Harris, from my favorite show at the time, thirtysomething.  I read in a magazine article that her daughter's name was Madeline, and I thought it was beautiful and  old-fashioned.  My son was named after his grandfather and great-grandfather, and my youngest was named after a favorite movie star, Olivia de Havilland.

4. profile image45
    FALETI JOSEPH .Oposted 7 years ago

not yet ,but i can provided the character worth emulating.

5. samuraipoet profile image55
    samuraipoetposted 7 years ago

Don't have kids, but If I did, there's lots of characters I'd think about naming them after
    - Tess (Tess of the D'Urbervilles)
    - Elionwy (Prydain Chronicles)
    - Kirk (startrek) not because I admire Capt. Kirk so much, although he's seriously awesome, but because I think Kirk is such a strong sounding name.

Also, I had a dog I called Fenrir (from Norse Mythology) and a couple hamsters I called Lucy and Susan (from "The Chronicles of Narnia")

working