jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think epublishing will destroy traditional publishing?

1. scifikathie profile image58
    scifikathieposted 7 years ago

Do you think epublishing will destroy traditional publishing?

2. QudsiaP1 profile image61
    QudsiaP1posted 7 years ago

No, because there will always be people who love to read real books rather than burning your eyes out on the computer.

There is something very comforting to hold a book in your hand and actually feel the print. Maybe it is just me.

I think e-publishing just brings about more place for copyright issues and plagiarism.

3. epigramman profile image68
    epigrammanposted 7 years ago

... I would just like to get published .   period!!!!!!
    ...and make money any way I can - I am not making any money here though at the hub - and just as a footnote my dad who passed away in 1992 wrote 70 novels in his lifetime - none were ever published - it was just a hobby for him but his legacy will go down as a terrific father and husband ......

4. Jo Deslaurier profile image71
    Jo Deslaurierposted 7 years ago

I don't think it will in my lifetime just because so many readers love and appreciate the texture and smell of books.

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I'm with the person who said that about comfort, and holding books in hand. . . . .BUT, it's come to my attention that traditional publishing in this country is basically monopolized by a set of individuals with a certain agenda(and I could get into that one-but I won't). . .and this is very disturbing to me.

working