jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What exactly is a "Wanderlust King"?

1. ladyjane1 profile image80
    ladyjane1posted 7 years ago

What exactly is a "Wanderlust King"?

2. profile image0
    Jake Gene Barnesposted 7 years ago

It's a reference to a song by the band, "Gogol Bordello," a quite obscure reference that I didn't really intend for anyone to understand.

The band itself, however, claims to be comprised entirely of Roma Gypsies. So, the reference wasn't completely unwarranted.

3. MartieCoetser profile image90
    MartieCoetserposted 7 years ago

Wanderlust is an 'urge to travel'.

4. ladyjane1 profile image80
    ladyjane1posted 7 years ago

Jake I saw the movie "Everything is Illuminated", and the guy from Gogol Bordello played the lead, yes?

Martie thanks for your answer!

5. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Why he is a King who cannot keep his mind from the thoughts of travel although his courage may not support his desires to go the distance.  A wanderlust King might be prone to finance the voyages of those like Magellan or Chrisopher Columbus in the hope that their discovery would quench his desire to travel without dealing with the risks associated.  While the true definition of "wanderlust" relates to a desire to travel, I think it is fair to say that it is descriptive of someone who is distracted by their own thoughts and imaginations such that they cannot maintain focus.  In that sense, a wanderlust king might be one who just cannot get his arms around ruling his kingdom for all that he sees which pulls him in other directions. WB