jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is there a word you often misspell and you have to look up every time?

1. FaithDream profile image75
    FaithDreamposted 6 years ago

Is there a word you often misspell and you have to look up every time?

My word is thier -- actually it is spelled their

2. Y. Kajitaka profile image59
    Y. Kajitakaposted 6 years ago

I don't have to look them up... but I always misspell "sentence" (

3. Jeannieinabottle profile image91
    Jeannieinabottleposted 6 years ago

Yes, I always misspell broccoli.  I just had to look it up to write this.  I mean, really... 2 "C"s but only 1 "L" in a word?  That looks terrible.

4. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 6 years ago

I always have trouble with those double letter words too. Especially the ones where it seems like there could be 2 pairs of them, like necessary, commission, professor, etc.

And I don't have trouble spelling it but I ALWAYS misstype becasue - see what I'm saying. It drives me nuts.

5. free2bealways profile image53
    free2bealwaysposted 6 years ago

I frequently misspell the word "availability."  I usually have spell checker tell me that it's not "availiablity."

6. profile image0
    Sam-Hookposted 6 years ago

I have trouble with the word "foreign" (and for the record, I misspelled it here - and my computer corrected it.)  I don't know why, but it feels like there should be an "h" lodged in there somewhere, or I will forget the "e".  I've been tempted to have the word tattooed on my hand or something, it is the only word  with which I have this kind of problem.

7. buckey777 profile image72
    buckey777posted 6 years ago

My word would be success and how it's spelled differently when you spell succeed. I always have to look at it and try to remember if its ccee or ce or cce. It confuses me from time to time.

working